Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 13, 2003

We have reached a milestone...5 years of marriage! It sure has gone by fast, although it's hard to remember what it was like to be single.

Here is a little story about Justin and I...a little longer version of our condensed story on the sidebar.
Justin and I met on September 7, 2000. He was at my Old Farm Apartment in Logan when I got home from work late that night. He had met my roommates at a party that night and they had invited him and a friend over to watch a movie. I didn't stay to watch the movie because I was working out a boating party the next day with my family, but I met him as he was leaving. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we ran into each other a lot...the next day at the Linger Longer (his table was the only one that had any seats left), Monday night at FHE (he was our "dad"), at the football game that weekend (they sat just behind and down from us and kept throwing things at us). Then he invited me to play raquetball with him, which ended up being a weekly "date" for the rest of the semester. Then the ward talent show and our unicycle trick. The rest is history...

We celebrated last night with a nice dinner at Rodizio Grill followed by the Jon Schmidt Christmas concert.

Boy am I glad that my roommates brought him home that one night!!!

3 comments:

Missy said...

congrats on 5 years we hope there are many more to come.

Rachelle said...

I'm glad that you and Justin met too. We all hoped he'd end up with you :) Happy Anniversary.

Megan said...

Happy 5 years and here is to many more! Your story definitely sounds like fate ;) And Rodizio?! YUM! What a way to celebrate.