Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Brynn

After a pretty quick, uneventful, easy labor, Brynn April Goodrich made her arrival. She was born March 7 at 4:22 p.m.She weighed 5 lbs, 2 oz. and was 17.5 inches long. We were surprised at how small she was...our babies seem to be getting smaller. Despite her size, she was pronounced healthy by the doctors and nurses.She is absolutely beautiful!She got to spend some time with Justin and I before being whisked to the nursery, where she was bathed and got her hair combed.She was having a little bit of trouble keeping herself warm, nothing big, but had to stay under the warmers for a little bit. Just enough time for Mom to eat some dinner (I was starving!) and for the visitors to start arriving. Grandma and Grandpa Moyes with Erin, Chloe, and Tessa. Then Grandma and Grandpa Goodrich and Brett brought Molly and Stockton to visit their new baby sister. They all drove down in a pretty big snowstorm.Molly has been excited for months for the baby to come. She keeps saying she is a double big sister. She says it with pride. She is so sweet with Stocky, I just know she is going to be a big help. She's acts so mature lately.Stockton didn't really have a clue what was going on. He was kind of indifferent about the whole thing. He kept pointing to the TV and saying "basketball" (he likes to watch basketball). He did like to watch Brynn from a distance however. He was fascinated with watching Justin change her diaper.Three kids seems like a big step! But we are ready and excited for the adventure!Because Brynn was so small, they had to test her blood sugars regularly. She was low a couple of times but the numbers kept getting better and better during our stay at the hospital. She's eating great, which is important for keeping those numbers up!A stay at the hospital with a third child is much different than a stay with a first. Justin had the kids all day the second day so Brynn and I just hung out and spent some quality time. Justin brought the kids after Stockton's nap. Molly is smitten with her sister.The kids are battling colds (go figure) so we didn't want them around Brynn too much. My wonderful mom drove down again and took them to her house until they get better. I don't like it much but am thankful to have family close to help out in a bind. I am looking forward to having our family all together, as crazy as it may get.

Molly painted a rock for her little sister.

We got to bring Brynn home this morning. We found the smallest pair of pajamas that we could (they were some of Molly's). She was 4 lbs 12 oz this morning.Last night she had to have a test run in her carseat. She had to sit in it for 90 minutes while her oxygen was monitored. Just another precaution because she was so small. She passed. She looks pretty tiny in the car seat.Now we are home. I think all the pokes and tests at the hospital wore Brynn out. She has slept the whole afternoon. And I have held her the whole afternoon. I love, love this stage...I am going to take every chance to hold and snuggle her because before I know it she won't let me!

Well, welcome to the family sweet, sweet Brynn! We love you!!

11 comments:

Yardley Crew said...

She really is a doll. I'm so happy she made it here safely and you're doing well. Good work!

Shafferprincess said...

Oh, she's beautiful! And tiny! I can't believe that picture of her in the carseat and the one next to the cabbage patch doll. So small! :) Enjoy this time - my "baby" doesn't like to cuddle much anymore and I'm slightly jealous of you enjoying the baby stage again. Congrats!

Nathan and Shanna said...

She is absolutely adorable! The memories that brings back for me and my little premature daughter. You are right enjoy this time where you get to hold her and snuggle, because it won't last nearly long enough! Congratulations!

Karla said...

Oh Megan she is so precious and beautiful. Congratulations! You look so good as a mom of three. I hope she gains that weight back quickly for you (she is pretty tiny). By the way, I love her name--so pretty. Good luck and enjoy! Love you!

Rachelle said...

Oh... she's so beautiful. You and Camille are scaring me with those tiny babies... but I am glad that she is doing so well. I'm so happy for you guys and wish that I could be there.

Erin said...

She is smaller than a cabbage patch!!! What a cutie. Molly is here right now and they are having TONS of fun.

rupee40 said...

Oh, she is so cute! I can't wait to see her. I can't believe how little she is. I'm so glad everything is ok. Those jammies are so big on her!

Troy and Mandy said...

Congratulations Goodrich family!!! Brynn is just gorgeous :) I'm glad your labor and delivery went well Megan, that's always a plus. Molly is sure going to love her little sister to death, I can tell already! You definitely don't look like you just had a baby in that picture ;) The cold is definitely going around, Stella and I both are now getting over it. I hope you all get to be together soon :) You are gonna have a blast with all your little ones, they are all just beautiful. Congratulations again and enjoy every minute of Brynn! P.S. I love that name :)

Megan said...

I love the name Brynn - maybe because my friend Brynn is awesome! :) She is such a doll (literally) - she looks so much like Molly. I am glad your labor was quick and easy and that she is doing well. I hope everything continues to go well for you guys. My kids keep getting bigger at each birth. Anna was 7lbs 11 oz and Evan was 8lbs 11 oz - so Ross jkes that our next one will be 9lbs 11 oz. That is a MEAN mean joke!

Kirsten and Eric said...

I'm glad that she's doing well, and I'm a fan of the Cabbage Patch comparison. They still make those?

As Justin's late friend Gary Coleman would say, "Congratulations!"

-Swens

The Childs said...

She is little. I love the name. Three really isnt that bad. You'll do great! Congrats