Thursday, January 15, 2009

What we've been up to...

The last couple weeks have been slow, thankfully. It's been great to get back into a routine and have my happy little girl back, rather that the whiny girl she had been (Christmas and moving and not staying at the same place for more than a couple of days will do that). Our computer had a major virus but it is now healthy again. Here are a couple of things we have done lately...

I took Molly outside to play in the snow. She didn't like the sled and wanted to build a snowman instead. Justin was working, and I'm sure he could have built a much better snowman, but I did my best. The snow was hard and Molly got bored really fast. In fact she wanted to go in before I even had the head on! She wasn't much help, either. She just ate snowand sang "Once There Was a Snowman."


But, alas, I finished, and Molly came back out. She named him Frosty, of course.Last Saturday we went to the Jazz game in my uncle's suite. It's much nicer this way, because the kiddos can run around-and that's exactly what they do! Molly and Chloe were up and down the stairs; they'd sit on the chairs and clap and cheer, then walk to the bottom of the stairs, poke their heads over the railing and scream "Go Jazz!"Yes, they were literally screaming-Molly's daddy has taught her well. Then they were back at the top of the stairs, dancing to the blaring music during time-outs.

I didn't get to pay attention to the game very much but had fun watching those silly girls.As I mentioned before, I am enjoying having my happy Molly around. Her life was a little chaotic (okay, more than a little) for a few weeks but now that it's settled down, she is mostly full of smiles and giggles. And I find that I love her more and more each day. For some reason, I can't stop kissing her cute little cheeks-does anyone else have that problem with their kids?

4 comments:

Megan said...

I am glad you are all settled and everything has calmed down. When Ross and I went to the Jazz game in a suite, we thought we should have brought Anna too - much more kid friendly are than the rest of the ESA! I am impressed with your snowman and Molly's singing skills - so cute. That is one of Anna's favorite songs as well!

rupee40 said...

That is a way cute snowman! I bet you are way glad to have some normalcy back, I was too. But just so you know, Molly wasn't whiny or bad at Christmas whenever I was around! She is such a sweetheart.

Missy said...

Looks like lots of fun in the snow I love that snowman its so cute. Gald that Molly is back to her sweet self.

The Moyes Family said...

I like your snowman it is so cute. We havent had good snow to build one this year but that is ok. We love your blog and like the pictures of Molly so is so cute!
Love Kenzie and Nancie