Thursday, February 26, 2009

The pink stuff

Yup, Molly has 10 days of amoxicillin, twice a day. Yum, yum!

The first night was a nightmare and we literally had to pin her down and squirt it in the back of the throat. And then to get her to swallow it I had to squeeze her cheeks together, like a fishy face. It was quite traumatizing. She has been a big girl ever since and takes her pink medicine without a fuss...as long as her doggy, Pepper, helps.
Why all the trouble? Because Molly has ear infections in both ears, and puss on one of her tonsils! How'd that happen? Sure, she had a slight cough, nothing I was too worried about, I was just keeping her at home until it was gone. Well Monday night (in the middle of the night, as always) she woke up and cried and cried and held one ear. Then she started throwing up. So I figured it was bad enough to haul her to the doctor. As we were leaving she said to me, "Mommy, I don't want a flu shot" and I confidently assured her that she would get no shot. Oops, Mommy was wrong. Because her ears were so bad and she had been throwing up, they gave her the first round of meds in the form of two shots.

I am now happy to report that she seems to be back to her happy, normal self, although I am still making her stay inside...but we've been playing with the surprise Daddy brought home from work last night.She now thinks that she is a ballerina...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

on ear aches are no fun. Tell Molly to get felling better.
Kenzie

Missy said...

Oh poor sweet Molly Ear infections are not fun, glad your feeling better.

Rachelle said...

Yuck. I hate that stuff. It even makes me gag... and I'm an adult. Lizzy had to take it a month or so ago... we mixed it with milk each time and it was okay. I hope it works just as good that way. I'm glad Molly is feeling better.

Megan said...

And what a cute ballerina she is! Sorry about the ear infections. That is no fun - I hope she gets better soon! I had to kind of chuckle about the shot thing - I could totally see that happening to us too. Just your luck, huh?!

rupee40 said...

That is NO fun! My poor little girl, give her a big hug and kiss from us! I hope she gets feeling better quick for all of your sakes. Hope you had a great birthday, Megs!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Oh, that is so crummy! I am so glad she is starting to feel better. You probably spent your birthday just keeping that little Molly inside..Justin should have brought YOU home a Tu-Tu too!:-) ....and Hooray for you and Baby Goodrich #2!! You and I are due about the same time! We aren't finding out what we are having (again!)...and let me tell you, it takes some serious self-control!!

Erin said...

I am so glad that Molly is feeling better. What a good daddy she has. New presents always make things better.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

That is the worst. I hope she feels better.

The Moyes Family said...

So sorry about the ear aches Molly they are just no fun! I do love the ballerina outfit. Maybe you will be a dancer like your mommy. Hope you get feeling better soon. We are also happy for you and the new addition.