Monday, May 18, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Date

Okay, so I spend every single day with Molly and she pretty much goes everywhere with me. But this was a special day, just Molly and me on a "date." We saw cows,pet baby lambs,and fed ducks.We went on a wagon ride.We ate corn dogs and shared a snow cone while watching a dancing group.(Molly should have joined them on the stage...she was dancing right along with them.)

And I let her pick out a princess crown to take home.Molly's gone on a few "dates" with her dad but I've never really done this before, probably because I figure we do enough stuff together. But this felt different. We were unhurried, had no errands to run, and we were able to just enjoy each other. I loved walking around in the sun, feeling her hand in mine and seeing her excitement over little things. Being a mom is definitely a great privilege...

5 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun day - and such a good idea. I don't know about you, but I have been trying to soak up as much Anna and me time before the baby arrives. It will be so weird for it to not be just me and her all day.

Cherie said...

It was so fun seeing the pictures and hearing about your fun outing with Molly plus your trip to Louisville. We hope to get to see you this summer.

rupee40 said...

So sweet. You are such a great mom, Molly is lucky to have you! She is such a sweetheart. Looks like a fun day!

The Moyes Family said...

That is exactly what being a mom should be like. Enjoy it all. It goes by so fast. You are doing a fantastic job.

Yardley Crew said...

You just soak up how darling that little girl of yours is! You're a great mom Megan!