Saturday, March 6, 2010

What the kids are up to.

Hiding
This is Molly's new favorite game. Anytime I leave the room, she thinks it is an opportunity to hide and quickly does so. We hide from dad as soon as we hear the garage opening when he gets home and we hide from him at night when he comes upstairs for prayers. It's quite funny, really, because she's not great at finding hiding spots (unless she has help)...like the other day when I was doing the dishes and she says, "Mom, get off the rug, I'm trying to hide from you." Then she hid under the rug...right next to where I was standing.
Outfits
The first thing Molly does everyday when she wakes up is pick out an "outfit" to put on. It usually always consists of a pair of tights-red, brown, pink, or black-her polka-dot skirt, a shirt-preferably with puffy "Cinderella" sleeves-and shoes. If we don't go anywhere I let her wear it all day long; if we do go somewhere, I make her change. And then there's always those days that I just really don't care. Like when we went visiting teaching a couple weeks ago and she was wearing her Ariel nightgown with sweats with red hearts underneath. Cute!
Crawling, etc.
Stockton has been crawling for a few weeks now, and he is getting so fast! He is enjoying exploring, with his favorite place being under the computer desk. All those cords are so fascinating! He is now pulling himself up on things. Consequently, we've had a few tumbles and he is now sporting a nice purple bruise on his forehead from one particularly nasty tumble. He's figured out how to pull himself up but he has not yet figured out how to get back down. He's just stuck until he falls or until mommy rescues him. This is under our table.He broke his first tooth last weekend...on top of an ear infection and a nasty cough...it was a rough few days for him. But his smiles and giggles are finally returning...

In the eating area, I am at a loss. He doesn't enjoy sitting in his chair for longer than a few minutes, he will not eat baby food, and he won't let anyone feed him. He wants real food and he wants to feed it to himself. So I feel like I'm a little limited in what I can feed him...we stick with peaches, pears, bananas, peas, cheese, and bread. Any other ideas? I need something that he can pick up easily as well as something that will go down easy since he only has that one little tooth.

I'm enjoying this stage. I've finally figured out Stockton's napping schedule (finally!) which means I have more time to spend with Molly and keep the house clean! At the end of the day, I actually feel like I accomplished something. And that's a great feeling!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my goodness they are growing up way to fast they are both so cute looks like you got your hands full... It looks like it's lots of fun with two :)

Megan said...

Haha. Anna does the same thing when she hides. She will hide when we are looking straight at her. It's hilarious. Yay for a scheduled nap time! I wish I could help you with the food thing, but Anna will STILL eat baby food and she did for so long because of her terrible gag reflex and allergies. I am hoping Evan will make the transition to table food soon cause I hate buying that stuff! And when I do, I will come to you for help ;)

Karla said...

I also love the hiding game and how little 3 year-olds find the best places :) Stockton is getting so big and Molly always seems like such a good helper with him.

I have learned much about feeding a limited/picky child in the last 3 years. I feel like cheerios are the greatest food ever made. They have a lot of good nutrients, they go good with milk (dry or in a bowl), they are easy to eat, easy to take along, and they are not too bad to clean up. Jane has gone literally weeks with only eating cheerios and drinking milk. Jane also did well with green beans (she still eats them with her fingers). Good luck with feeding him. He sure is a cute boy!

rupee40 said...

Nice hiding place, Molly! That is so funny. Gavin just hides in the same place every time.
Also, I was just reading the funny things that Molly says over on the side of your blog and was laughing so hard I was crying!! I miss you guys!

rupee40 said...

P.S. Ditto on the cheerios...