Friday, January 14, 2011

Writing Practice

Molly loves to draw, color, and write. She's been writing letters for a while now and asking me how to spell things. Lately she has been sounding words out for herself...we find all sorts of little notes lying around the house. Some are too hard to decipher but there are quite a few that we are able to figure out. When I've remembered, I've written them down (she only uses capital letters):

Dec 2: HP HOLUDA YOR GRAT I LUV YO
"Happy Holidays. You're Great. I love you."

Dec 10: SATU
"Santa"

Dec 14: SOTIN
"Stockton"

Dec 16: JAD I LUV YO I LIK YO
"Jade, I love you, I like you."

Dec 21: DOG KLIMD UP
"Dog climbed up"

Jan 6: DEAR GROPU GDRIHC GT BEETT MOLLY
"Dear Grandpa Goodrich, Get better. Molly"

Jan 13: I LUV DAD BKUZ HE PLAY WIF ME
"I love Dad because he plays with me."

She is also into reading. She is really quite good at sounding out short three or four letter words. There have been a few times when I thought that no way would she figure it out, but she has! She likes it when I write down short sentences and she's so proud of herself when she figures it out!

Molly is also a little computer whiz (as are most kids her age). If I let her, she would play on the computer all day long. These are her favorite websites, all of which she is able to navigate by herself:
-Starfall
-Storynory
-Disney Princesses
-The Friend
-Kideos
-Coloring 4 All

3 comments:

Yardley Crew said...

Starfall and The Friend are some of my kids favorites too. They also love pbskids.org and uptoten.com (it's a british preschool site...way fun! But for z they say zed. :)

Megan said...

How awesome! Go Molly! And go you for writing those down to remember. I am sure she will really appreciate that when she is older.

Rachelle said...

That is so cute. I love her notes. Thanks for the website too. I've never heard of those bottom two.. I'm going to check them out. We do the same ones plus www.pbskids.org