Sunday, January 22, 2012

finishing up December

*Little Evelyn was born on December 20th. Eric and Heidi took their three kids to Ohio for Christmas so they could bring this cutie home. We are so happy for them!
*Erin brought her kids down for a visit a couple days after Christmas. Molly was so excited...we never have visitors, especially cousins! It was fun for them just to relax and play with each other. I had fun just talking to Erin and letting the kids entertain themselves. They are all good pals and I'm glad we live close enough that my kids love their cousins.
*Molly has never been one who has to have a lot of dolls/stuffed animals in her bed with her. Lately, though, that has changed: Cinderella, Crush (stuffed turtle from Sea World), both of her Wuggle pets, Molly doll (my American Girl doll I gave her)**, pillow pet (not to lay on but to snuggle with), and her princess blankie all have to go to bed with her. And she has to have Lady (her ladybug that sends stars all over the walls and ceiling) close by. It takes her at least 5 minutes just to get them all set up just they way she wants it.
**As a side note: if you were wondering if I named by daughter after my doll, the answer is no. I loved my Molly doll growing up but when pregnant with Molly the name never even crossed my mind as a possibility. Justin came up with it, actually. When I told my dad that we had decided on Molly as the name for our baby he laughed and said, "Molly Moyes?" Hee hee, silly Dad.

*By the time New Year's Eve rolled around we were just way too exhausted to go anywhere or do much. We had been gone the last 3 weekends and on top of that Stockton was recovering from croup and an ear infection. So we stayed home and had a family game night. Wii and card games.
Stockton went to bed at his normal time, Molly made it until 10, Justin and I barely made it until midnight and then we crashed. We had to get up for 9:00 church the next morning so we didn't party too hard. :)

2 comments:

Kirsten and Eric said...

JuSTIN- Good to see from the photo that you prepared your kids for the Super Bowl.

We visited Utah recently, but stayed pretty busy with family stuff. We'll try to catch you next time.

-Swens

Erin M said...

Haha sounds like Abby, just within the last few months we have a collection of stuffed animals in her bed. We had a blast visiting too.