Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Justin and I both celebrated our birthdays this past month. My birthday came first and his came a couple of weeks later. Here is how we celebrated:

Hers:

-Toured the Draper Temple as a family

-Went to lunch

-Went shopping with Justin and picked out new shoes

-Took care of Molly who was sick*

-Had a delicious birthday dinner

-Ate cake


His:**

-Looked at houses

-Went shopping at REI and picked out a sleeping pad for camping

-Had a yummy birthday dinner of his choice

-Ate cheesecake made from scratchIf you didn't notice, we both turned 27. I like to rub it in Justin's face that I'm older than him, and therefore, wiser. :)

*When we were done eating lunch, I put Molly on the ground while I double checked to make sure I had left nothing behind. While I had my back turned, Molly was dancing in the aisle and BAM! out of nowhere, there is a waiter running as fast as he can to the kitchen. Of course he didn't see the two-year-old who came up to his knee and Molly was knocked to the ground pretty hard. She cried and cried and fell asleep within minutes of being in the car. I figured she was just tired since it was nap-time. So we laid her down and Justin and I went shopping (Justin's mom stayed home to listen for Molly). A couple hours later she woke up, puked, and threw up 4 times in the next 2 hours. We figure she hit her head so hard that she had a slight concussion! Poor girl!

**Two days before His birthday, Molly went to Disney on Ice with her grandparents. While she was having fun with them, Justin and I went to dinner at Market Street Grill in Salt Lake. We had a gift certificate which was a good thing since nothing was less than $25! It was delicious though-my mouth is still watering when I think about the clam chowder, halibut, and asparagus that I ate...mmmm.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you! Mmmmm. Both of your cakes look awesome - maybe its the pregnancy...nah, they just look good! I have been wanting to go to Market Street for a while - wish we had a gift card too!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday to you both, I hope Molly is feeling better its so sad when there sick dumb weather I hope it gets warmer soon!

Anonymous said...

That sound so fun! Bolth the cakes look REALLY GOOD. Hope Molly fells better and that you two had an AWESOME B-Day.
Kenzie

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Happy birthday to both of you. I can't believe poor Molly hit her head that hard, that is kindof scary.

Erin said...

We have totally opposite taste buds- clam chowder, halibut and worst of all asparagus!!! Not my idea of a delicious meal.