Monday, April 27, 2009

All part of growing up

1. Asserting her independence...
While I want to encourage this aspect of growing up, sometimes it sure does slow things down. Molly is in that stage where she wants to do practically everything by herself...all I can say is good for her, but it sure is easier to get it done myself!

2. Making fashion choices...
For our morning walk:yellow and pink pajama top, purple leggings, black velvet dress with a snowman theme along the bottom, socks with sandals, Hello Kitty necklace

Playing outside on a Sunday afternoon:pink jacket, red skirt with brown polkadots, brown tights, purple crocs, Hello Kitty necklace
(I did make her take the skirt off...too nice to just play around in outside)


3. Potty training...
She's trained, I'm happy! No more buying diapers (for a couple months at least) and I think I'll take back that box of Pull-Ups to Costco (man, those things are expensive!).

4. Making new discoveries...
Meet her friend, the worm.
She named him Bubba and then changed his name to Chloe. He was her constant companion all afternoon.

She even helped him down the slide. Notice the water bottles? They provided just the right amount of wetness to help Bubba/Chloe down the slide.

5. Fun new games...
Yes, that is a baby under her shirt. Hmmm, wonder where she got that idea? She called it "playing prem-mant." (I credit Tiana for teaching her that word.)

6. An obession with anything girly or princess-y...
The first thing she asks in the morning is if she can be a princess. She has no dress-ups so she wears dresses that no longer fit. The only rule is that they can't be worn outside. She prances around all day in a dress waving her wand. And forget about calling her Molly. It's either Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, or Tinkerbelle. The odd part is that she's never seen any of the movies-remember, she won't want TV that long!

7. Bye-bye to naptime...
So sad to see it go, but it was necessary. It's not that she won't take a nap, it's that when she does she doesn't go to bed at night. For example, on Saturday I gave her a nap because I knew we'd be out late. Still, she didn't fall asleep until 11:00! She's just not tired at night when she naps in the afternoon.

Oh, we have so much fun, I can't wait to see what she does next!

8 comments:

Megan said...

I love her fashion choices! Anna wants to wear the SAME green dress every day and some days I have to say no, but your right good for them for wanting to be independent. I enjoy it most of the time...just not when I am in a hurry ;) Way to go on the potty training too!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

So cute! I love her fashion sense. Very stylish :) Good luck with the rest of the Pregnancy. Molly will be a great helper when little baby comes along.

The Childs said...

It's so funny how every girl picks up on the princess thing whether they have seen it or not! It is just born into them. THat is so hard to give up nap time. Hopefully she plays well by herself so you can still have some time.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her outfit choices to cute. Molly is getting so big.

jax said...

That is so funny that she made that worm her little friend and helped it down the slide! I'm glad you caught a picture of that!

Cherie said...

Now I know which side of the family that Ray gets his fashion sense! Don't tell him I said that. So cute--thanks for posting.

rupee40 said...

Chloe the worm?? Too funny. Man, she sure does have some great fashion sense!

Yardley Crew said...

What a doll! There's no lack of personality, is there! ;)