Friday, November 27, 2009

Tiredness

November 5

On the way to Macey's (we literally live about 5 blocks away), Molly fell asleep in the car. This is normal. I arrived at the store, got Molly out, put her down, found a cart, picked her up, put her in the cart, then went to get Stockton and the diaper bag. I came back to the cart and found that Molly had indeed fallen back to sleep:
I quickly took a picture with my phone because it was so hilarious! I found a blanket that she used as a pillow and proceeded to do my grocery shopping. This proved to be the easiest shopping trip ever, both my kids slept through the whole thing! The hardest part was trying to find a spot in the cart for all my groceries since a 3-year-old was taking up most of the space!

As unbelievable as this was, she did it again 2 days later. We were on our way home from a visit to Plain City. We stopped at Target in Orem to get some Christmas ideas. Molly slept in the cart the whole time-and this was after she had already slept for an hour in the car.

Now why won't she nap at home on those days I really, really need her to?

4 comments:

Karla said...

I LOVE that picture! Isn't it so typical for three-year-olds to pick the most random (and often, inconvenient) times to do some things. Your kids are getting so big and they are so cute. I am sorry about the little hair cut incident. Luckily we haven't experienced that yet; I am afraid that Jane would freak out more than I would.

The Childs said...

Kids will never sleep when and where we want them too! They are in control of that. I can't believe she is sleeping like that. I wish I could sleep like that. Then I would feel a lot more rested.

rupee40 said...

Hilarious!!

Megan said...

I am glad you got a picture because that is just hilarious!

I loved reading about Stockton and all he is up too. At least he can eat in ten minutes right? That is pretty impressive. And if you could send some rolling over vibes to Evan, that would be great. He has no desire. I can't believe they will be 6 months soon. I swear I am going to blink and they will be having a birthday!