Wednesday, April 7, 2010

9 months!

Oh, how times flies. Cliche, I know, but so true! At the doc, Stockton weighed 18 pounds...he dropped from the 19th percentile to the 11th. He just goes and goes and goes. Our trip to the doctor this time was humorous. Stockton would not sit still (surprise!) so he was crawling all over the little exam room. He was back and forth and was very interested in the doctor's shiny shoes. Then Molly started singing, and when she sings, he sings. And they were loud. Good thing the doctor has a sense of humor...and five kiddos of his own! He just laughed and said, "I see that you have your hands full with that one." He sent home a paper with us..."Normal Development: 9 months Old." Some of the things that a 9-12 month old might begin doing...

-continues to enjoy banging, waving, and throwing toys
-may resist diapering
-may pull self to standing position
-stands holding on to furniture
-may try to crawl up stairs

Stockton has proven to be excellent at all of the above. Justin's brother asked us what Stockton's favorite pastimes were and this is what we came up with: crawling, putting anything in his mouth, pulling mom and sister's hair, standing up, pulling things off of shelves, eating, and singing with his sister.

A few other pictures of Stockton in his 9th month...

His first time on a swing. He liked it! Although I couldn't get him to sit back so he looks very uncomfortable. Mostly I like this picture, because he is cute in his hat.
Bathtime...not as easy as it used to be. He still loves the water but as soon as I put him in the tub he stands up. So I sit him down, and he stands up. It's like a game. I usually end up taking him out shortly after I put him in. He prefers to stand on the outside and watch Molly play. He's usually soaking wet by the time they are done playing.I forgot how good babies are at getting into things...he loves to pull everything off of anything. I'm constantly putting books, magazines, diapers, and Tupperware away.Stairs! One day I ran upstairs to get my shoes. I was gone for mere seconds but Stockton managed to make it to the 4th stair. I definitely underestimated him there. I have since bought a baby gate.After many, many ear infections, the doctor recommended tubes for his ears. So we did that a couple of weeks ago. Stockton did great! He couldn't eat anything after midnight and I was a little worried I would take him in and he'd been screaming and hungry but he was happy and smiling at anyone who looked at him. They also told me that he'd be too frantic and stressed after the surgery to take a bottle or let me rock him. But they brought him to me, I gave him a bottle and within 10 minutes he was sleeping peacefully. Glad to have it over and done and hopefully his little ears won't bother him again! (Did you know they made hospital gowns small enough for babies?)Since he started standing up, napping and bedtime is a bit more difficult. Stockton has always been pretty good at putting himself to sleep, but now...forget about it. If he's even a little bit awake, he rolls over, stands up, and cries. We're still working on this.Stockton definitely keeps me hopping each day, but we sure love having him as part of our family! I am enjoying watching him play with Molly each day and am anxious for when he can walk and talk. They are already the best of friends and play together in her room for long periods of time. She is still just the sweetest sister and is never mean to him. For that, I am grateful. Life is good.

7 comments:

Karla said...

Oh, he seems like such a fun and cute little boy. It sounds like he really is a goer. You are a good mom and you have super cute kids. I miss you...

lynn moyes said...

I need copies of all the pictures. Too cute!

Megan said...

I could do without the resisting diapering for sure. But Evan also sings when Anna and I do and I love that. And I agree, even if it is cliche, that time flies and it seems to go by faster with each kid. Stockton is so cute. I think we need to plan a play date sometime so him and Evan can meet!

Missy said...

Oh What a cutie he is getting so big, glad he did great with the tubes they are the best thing Brax got his in May and they have been awesome he got his first ear infection last month but you put the drops in and it clears up so fast, hope it helps him with his ear problem... :)

rupee40 said...

Okay, I was laughing hard thinking about your doctors appointment! That is so funny. I can't believe Stockton is 9 months already! I miss seeing him growing up. He sounds A LOT like Gavin, they are going to be great buddies. Both little busy bodies, you just wait until he can walk and talk!! I love it. He is so cute and I love the picture of him in his hat, too.

jax said...

He is such a cute little boy! He just looks and seems so happy all the time. It's so cute that he and Molly are such good buds.

The Childs said...

He is so cute! These times are fun times. I love the family pictures. Meg, you don't age at all!