Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fall Field Trips

First off, we went to a pumpkin patch with Molly's school. I wish I would have known about this particular pumpkin patch earlier...close to my house, free, super fun...we would have visited much more that month. It wasn't huge but boasted of a petting zoo (with a baby kangaroo!), hay castle, straw bale maze, a huge area with corn to play in, and a wagon ride. Both of my kids loved it there...
(Hailey, Molly, Jade, Emma, Matthew)It's not Halloween without a visit to Gardner's Village to see the witches. That's where we headed as soon as we left the pumpkin patch. The older kids went on a scavenger hunt for the witches, we did a pony ride, and visited the petting zoo. We weren't aware that when you enter the petting zoo, you are actually walking around with the animals. This was okay until one of the goats ate Abby's paper which caused some tears from Abby and Molly and lots of laughs from the grown-ups!Stocky lovin' his first pony ride

I traveled to Kentucky to visit the Broadbents for 6 days. I went with my mom and dad, but without Justin or the kids. They all stayed at Justin's parents...April took care of the kids in the day, Justin at night and on the weekend. All reports I heard were that both kids did great! Which was wonderful for me...I enjoyed some shopping, some site seeing, and spending lots of time with Jeff, Ali, and two of the cutest little boys ever!
At a candy shop in IndianaBack to real life and a trip to the Bean Museum on BYU Campus. Again, a place that we just might visit when we're feeling the winter doldrums. Great big animals everywhere made Stocky happy. He liked pointing to those that he recognized and making the sound they make. The preschool group had front row for the reptile show and then we walked around looking at all the animals. Matthew and Molly holding a python skinMolly was excited to see an Alaskan moose, because Grandpa Moyes just got home from hunting for one.

The Museum was fun, but the best part? Lunch and ice cream at the Creamery after. Yum!(Hailey, Bailey, Charlie, Jade, Sam, Molly, Stockton, Matthew)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have been wanting to try the Bean museum for years now. Let me know if you get the Winter blues and we will meet up with you there. I know we will be experiencing them soon! lol. I can't believe how much Stockton looks like a little boy and not like a baby. They are getting too big too quickly for my liking!

P.S. My sister met you hubby at an AF party. She mentioned to him that I knew you. Lacie said, her husband has NO idea who you are. lol. To which I said, was he supposed to? ;)