Saturday, September 24, 2011

and here's August

Swim Lessons-
Molly loved her swimming lessons even though I signed her up for the wrong class. I was getting frustrated that she wasn't learning anything-come to find out, I had signed her up for the beginner class. Oops! She passed that class with flying colors and they even passed her on the next level.The best part was probably the last day-free day. They got to slide and jump off the diving board over and over.Duck Pond-
Molly had been waiting all summer long to do this. These ducks love bread, fries, and pizza!! But watch out for the humongous fishies!The Zoo-
It wouldn't be summer without hitting the zoo with the cousins.Stockton saw the train first and we rode it last. He just kept saying "ride train" over and over.Camping-
I was a little worried how this would go but I am determined to take my family camping once each summer. It turned out awesome!! So much better than last year. Brynn was an angel. I was worried about keeping her warm at night but I dressed her in layers, put socks on her hands and a hat on her head. She slept in the port-a-crib with a thick blanket draped over it to keep her nice and warm. She was a happy camper and sadly, I took no pictures of just her. Boo.

There was a small hill from our cars to the fire pit/campground area that Molly and Stockton liked to run up and down. Here they are stretching before the big race.And their rock.Molly and I made a Goodrich sign and hung it from a tree while we camped (2 nights/3 days).We did the normal camping things-hiking, fishing, and getting really dirty. Molly was super excited when some friends joined us.Molly and Afton-look at how dirty Molly's fingers are!!

And occasionally we do try to have a little fun just hanging out at home...

Playing beauty parlor:Being silly (on new couches):Swimming:Grilling:Sidewalk Paint:(equal parts water and cornstarch, with food coloring; and please ignore her clothes-she's still learning how to coordinate outfits)

And we can't have a post without our sweet Brynn being a part...(having family relay races outside-can't believe she's going to be 7 months pretty soon!)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for the painting recipe! I am totally going to use that..when it stops raining! :(

Anna's outfit looked similar yesterday. I usually don't mind, but when we go places... lol.

I love the 2 thumbs up in the grilling picture :)