Saturday, May 19, 2012

April

Looking back through my pictures, it seems like April must have been a busy month for us.  Maybe I just took more pictures around home.  Whatever the reason, here is all the fun we had at home and elsewhere...

Climbing the tree outside my parent's house.
Visiting the Church Museum in Salt Lake.  The Book of Mormon exhibit they have there for kids is pretty fun.
Sometimes I'm on my own when it comes time to put the kids to bed.  This doesn't happen too often, thankfully.  Stocky was having a particularly hard time falling asleep and I was putting Brynn to bed.  I let him come and sit on the rocking chair while I walked around with Brynn...pretty soon he was sound asleep.  Comfy, huh?
Justin got to get away for a day and go fishing at Strawberry.
In March I got smart and implemented a quiet time-all of my kids down at the same time for one hour twice a week.  Stocky usually fell asleep and Molly just listened to stories on the computer.  I always made myself relax and read a book.  It was nice.  I'm afraid it's fading out now.  Boo.  But I'll still keep trying.
Brynn lovin' spaghetti for dinner.  She can't make up her mind with pasta-one night she'll devour it and the next she'll just pick at it and barely take a bite.  She's pickier than Stocky.
 I have to make a conscious effort to stop being "busy" and sit down and play with the kids.  One day we built towers.
 Molly got her Kindergarten shots.  She was very nervous for a few days and even had trouble sleeping the couple nights before.  Justin gave her a blessing the morning of and I think that calmed her down a bit.  She was very brave.  I let her pick out a toy at Target after.  She chose a pony, go figure.  She hasn't played with ponies since she was three.  Whatever makes her happy, I guess.
She didn't dwell on her shots for too long, however, because off she went with Justin a couple days later for a short little backpacking trip.  Justin and Eric go every year and they decided that Molly and Tiana were old enough to go this year.  It is a short hike in and out of camp.  They fished and did other camping things.  Molly was proud of herself for catching the only rainbow trout.  She did it all by herself, with no help from Justin.
 
Took the kids to the duck pond.  They fed ducks.  A couple of ducks got extremely close and eventually they ate the bread right out of Molly's hand.  We were done after that.
 We've had a few tennis games in the back of our house, on the road that hardly anyone drives on.  Molly misses most of the balls so I stand behind her and catch all of them. 
Stocky has no clue what he's doing but he's happy to be outside. His preferred way to use a tennis racket is as a guitar.
We went to Temple Square again this year to see the flowers.  This is becoming one of my favorite spring-time activities.  The flowers are so pretty.  The kids all really love this activity as well.  I took 60 pictures (no exaggerating).  It was such a gorgeous day and now I can't wait to go next year!
 

No comments: