Tuesday, October 20, 2009

School Days

A couple weeks after Stockton was born, Molly looked at Justin and said, "Daddy, I want some friends." This made me feel so sad; of course, I wasn't spending as much time with her because I was trying to keep up with taking care of a newborn, keeping a clean house, making dinner, and all those other things we have on our "to do" list everyday. She was feeling a little neglected. We had just moved into a new ward and I didn't know anyone and since the birth of Stockton, our church attendance was not where it normally is, so I wasn't meeting anyone either. I felt sad that Molly wanted friends and had none.

Well, now she has friends! I am happy and she is happy! A neighbor had pity on us and invited Molly and me to be part of their "school." They meet twice a week for two hours and learn about letters, shapes, colors, numbers, the weather, and a variety of other topics. They have snack time and music time and usually make a craft. We moms trade off having it at our house and it's so fun! I'm so happy that Molly is involved in this and is practicing her social skills!

Here's Molly on her first day.I had it at my house a couple of weeks ago. We learned about doctor's visits one day and water animals the next. Here's the whole gang at snack time...Emma, Jade, Matthew, and Molly

Emma and Molly working on their fish craft.I look forward to hosting them again.

This website has so many fun ideas-I've used many for school and a few just at home with Molly. (Thanks for the tip, Karla!)

4 comments:

Megan said...

My neighborhood growing up did this and I remember it still. I wish there was a group like this for Annabelle - I am sure she would be in heaven! Glad Molly has some new friends to play with :)

Looks like you guys have been having a fun Fall. We went to the Punkinaze last week and had so much fun. I love it this time of year...if only the dreaded Winter was looming near :(

Troy and Mandy said...

What a great idea! Molly looks so adorable!!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

How fun for Molly, you are such a good mom!

Rachelle said...

That is so fun. I'm glad that you are enjoying it. So... if you have any interest I have an enormous folder of stuff from when I did this with Lizzy and Andrew and I also have several websites that I loved.