Friday, October 2, 2009

A Mouse in the House

September 19
A few weeks ago we went to Eric and Heidi's to watch the BYU football game and eat pizza. When we got home about 5 hours later our front door was wide open! How in the world did that happen? We sort of laughed it off (after making sure nothing was taken or no one was still in the house) and then went about doing our normal nightly activities-getting the kids in bed, eating ice cream, cleaning up, etc. A couple hours later, Molly was in bed, I was feeding Stockton on the LazyBoy, and Justin was vacuuming. Well, out of the corner of my eye I saw something run behind one of the end tables in the corner. I told Justin to hurry and check but he just rolled his eyes and told me I was seeing things. Fast forward half an hour: Stockton's in bed, I'm upstairs getting ready for bed, Justin's downstairs watching TV and I hear him yell "Oh my gosh, there's a mouse in our house!" Eww! Luckily, it was not yet midnight (on a Saturday) so Justin had time to run to the store and buy some mouse traps. He quickly set up three in various places downstairs. I stayed upstairs the whole time, I really didn't want to run into the creature! It was getting late and knowing I was going to be up once in the night I went to bed while Justin waited around to see if the mouse would take the bait. It eventually did and I slept a little better. Thanks to Justin who kept the mouse in the garage so that Molly and I could see it in the morning. So thoughtful of him.

Molly thought it was great that a mouse was in our house (we told her about it when she woke up) and made up a story for the occasion. I've forgotten most of the details but it involved a mouse running up her pants and hiding there...silly girl.

**Wonder why the door was wide open? I promise we didn't leave our house with it like that. Molly had been playing early that afternoon, going in and out. I think she must have not shut the door tight and in the rush to leave, I forgot to lock it and the wind blew it open. Good thing we live in a nice neighborhood!!

No comments: