Friday, August 27, 2010

Grandma's Camp and the Beach

My mom and dad started "Grandma's Camp" last year and it was a huge hit with the kids. My parents took the older kids to the cabin for a few days, without parents. Molly talked about it all year long and couldn't wait to go to Grandma's Camp again this year. She got the invitation and looked at it for days. The theme this year was "Dino Dig" so they did all sorts of dinosaur-ish activities. Before heading to Bear Lake, they went to the Dinosaur Museum.Then they played at the cabin for a day and a half before any of the parents arrived. They made "Grandma's Camp 2010" shirts.Got dinosaur tattoos.And I'm guessing this is some sort of obstacle course.I also know they watched "The Land Before Time" because now whenever Molly plays with Ben and Abby they play "The Land Before Time."

They ate dinosaur chicken nuggets.

They all slept in the same room one night.

I was excited to go pick Molly up because it meant we got to stay at the cabin for a couple of days. I've been the cabin a lot in the last three years, but the last time I went in the summer, when it was warm enough to go to the beach and get in the water was 3 years ago, when Molly was only 10 months old! Way too long.

We spent a whole afternoon at the beach. The kids got all sandy.
Stockton even ate some.We got to ride on the boat. Both of my kids liked the boat, Molly especially.It lulled Stockton to sleep. When we got back to the beach he stayed asleep in my mom's arms for probably another hour.Justin and I got to ski. It had been a while so I didn't know if I would remember how, but we both popped up pretty easily.And before we headed back, Molly got a tube ride. Her and Abby loved it, Chloe not so much.And I confess that I did let Stockton get on the tube as well, but we was so tired that he cried the whole time. It was a very short ride. Maybe next year.

Oh how we love Bear Lake. We are planning on going back for Thanksgiving this year, but hopefully it won't take 3 years to get back to the beach!

4 comments:

The Childs said...

Your parents are so cute. What a fun idea. I might have to talk my mom into doing that with the grandkids!

Nathan and Shanna said...

What a cute idea I'll have to tell my parents about that idea! Looks like they had a blast and so did you!

Megan said...

Your parents are so fun. That is such a cute idea and what a great way to make memories. I love the expression on Chloe's face. lol. Does that make me a terrible person?

rupee40 said...

How fun, I can't wait until Gavin can go!