Thursday, October 14, 2010

Firsts

Since Molly has a September birthday, she is the oldest in everything we sign her up for...I don't mind. She has been asking to take dance lessons for a whole year (her cousin Chloe who is only 3 months older started last year). So I searched around and finally found a place in Payson that was reasonably priced and didn't make the little ones be part of a competitive team (I'm amazed at how little they start getting competitive). She has been going now for almost 2 months and she loves every minute of it. She won't let me stay and watch (if I do she won't dance) so I really don't know how she does in class, but she comes home and tells me all about the things she is learning...first and second position, tondue, etc. She is not one to perform in front of anyone but her teacher assured me that she does participate and dance in class. We'll see how she does when the first recital comes along...she says she'll dance on the big stage in front of lots of people, but she doesn't want to dance at home for Justin and I.This is technically not a "first" since we did it last year, but this is her first day of school:Yup, we're doing the joy school thing again. Molly loves her "school" and the friends that she is making. She's a smarty pants and from what I hear from the other moms, she is the storyteller of the bunch. Molly is always wanting to make crafts and write words. She can write all the letters and is constantly asking me how to spell something. She's always making letters and cards for cousins, grandparents, friends, teachers, and neighbors.

This is probably the first time that we've been able to get Molly to really sing for the camera. She really, really doesn't like to do anything in front of other people. It's a bit long, and some of the words are wrong, but so sweet and who can really resist that smile?

I've mentioned before how Molly loves to take pictures...well, she found the video camera one afternoon while I was putting Stockton down for a nap. So, here is her first (and second) video. Try not to laugh...I dare you.


5 comments:

Megan said...

She is so cute. How did she figure out how to use the film part of the camera? That is hilarious!

Also, I can't believe how young they start competitions now too! And how do you judge what kid does the best step touch anyway? ;) Even TDE had Minnie's now. My niece is on it. They even requite gymnastics out you now. Sheesh!

Karla said...

So cute; I loved the videos! Molly knows the words to those songs really well. You should post (or send them to me)some pictures of some of the crafts that you do with Molly. Jane requests at least one craft a day and absolutely loves them. Cute girl you have!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Molly is a cutie. Thanks for sharing!

rupee40 said...

I have tears streaming down my face from lauging so hard! She is such a funny girl. I love hearing about all the silly things she does.
Can't wait to see you! Im so excited!!

Erin M said...

She is so funny. Love to hear her sing. She is so sweet. And her videos are very creative.