Monday, October 18, 2010

Molly turns four

Okay, so Molly turned four last month...September 15th to be exact. It didn't quite work out to have one party with grandparents so Molly got a few days of celebrating. We started a couple days early, a party in Plain City. I was in town to get the kid's pictures taken so we threw together a party for the cousins and grandma and grandpa. Molly opened a bazillion of presents from my mom and dad (clothes, books, toys, dance stuff, etc.) but her favorite by far was the pillow pet.She named it Alyssa.

We had cupcakes. Molly wanted purple and princess. I went with easy and she was delighted.
Fast forward two days to her actual birthday. She went to school first. I took the leftover cupcakes after and the kids managed to finish them off.

We let her open her presents after school. She got a camera.
She hadn't shown any interest in having a friend party, so we decided to wait one more year. Instead, Justin took the day off and we took her swimming to the indoor pool in Lehi. It was fun, not crowded at all, and such a nice day that they even opened up the outside part and we spent some time outside.Molly chose her birthday dinner. She wanted French Toast. I've used this recipe for years and we all love it...just don't forget the buttermilk syrup and I like it with bananas and strawberries on top.

It was just us that night but I felt like she had to have a birthday cake. I thought I'd get really ambitious and make a fancy cake, but instead I just used the leftover purple frosting and put some princesses on top. It's a good thing I didn't go all out...as soon as she blew out the candles she was off playing with the princesses. No one even had a piece of cake! Maybe next year.
Molly's birthday continued the next day. When grandkids turn 4, they get a special date with Grandma Kay to Build-A-Bear and out to eat. Molly was so excited for this. She picked out an iCarly bear, not because she has any clue who iCarly is (neither do I) but because it was sparkly purple. She picked out two outfits and named her Carly.That night Justin's parents took us bowling and treated us to dinner. Before we started, Molly opened her presents. Everyone knows our Molly so well, and just what she likes...This was a perfect birthday activity for Molly. She really loved every minute of it. She'd roll her ball down the lane and then jump and cheer no matter how many pins she knocked down.Stockton was equally happy running all over the bowling alley, playing with the balls, and hanging from the ramp thing that Molly used.Molly really got spoiled all around. How lucky she is to have so many people who love her! We love her too. A lot.

On a side note, Molly was hoping to get a new cousin for her birthday. Although he didn't arrive on her actual birthday, a day late was okay. Welcome to the family, baby Grant!
And it just two weeks, I'll be holding that sweet babe. Can't wait!

6 comments:

Yardley Crew said...

We're glad you had such a fun birthday Molly. You are such a cute girl!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Happy birthday Molly! I just watched the video of her singing, that was the cutest thing ever:)

Nathan and Shanna said...

You have such a cute little family! I love getting to know you guys this way since we hardly ever see each other.

rupee40 said...

Glad Molly had such a great birthday! Looks like a princess overload. Wish we would have been there to celebrate with her! Next year.
Thanks for the french toast recipe..I always just make it up and it never turns out as good as I would like. I think we'll try that tomorrow!

Megan said...

I wish Anna didn't want a friends party. She had one last year and I don't want to them every year, but that is all she wants. I love all the princess stuff she got - she truly is a girl ;)

Karla said...

What a fun age! Are you going to visit Ali? She sure has two cute little boys.