Monday, November 24, 2008

Gingerbread Houses!

My wonderful mother-in-law slaved for 4 days to put together this year's gingerbread houses! Then, she let us all come over and make a mess of her normally spotless kitchen decorating them. We have done this for two years now, does that make it a tradition? I hope so, because it's so much fun!

Everyone chips in and brings the candy. It's fun to see how different everyone's house turns out, even with all the same candy to choose from.Molly got in on the fun; Grandma even made one for all the grandkids! She would take a handful of the candy and eat it first, and then take some more to put on her house.Me, Heidi, April, Camille, and RachelleGrandpa and Matt were the designated baby-sitters and kept the girls entertained most of the day.Here are our finished products...it may not look like it, but I spent more than 4 hours working on mine!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun tradition - 2 years, totally a tradition ;) I am impressed with your houses. After working on it for 4 hours, I would have a hard time ever eating it....well, maybe not. LOL.

Erin said...

Cute house! You are way more patient than I am. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!!

Erin said...

Cute house! You are way more patient than I am. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!!