Sunday, November 2, 2008

Witches and Pumpkins

I love the witches at Gardner Village! If you haven't been down to see them, it's definitely worth the trip. There are lots and lots and they are pretty fun! Unfortunately, you can no longer see them this year so if you missed it, these pictures will have to suffice!

Molly and TianaEveryone, minus meMolly had a love/hate relationship with the witches this year. She liked to see them and when she saw one she'd say that she wanted to go find another one. Each time we'd see a new one, though, she'd cling tighter and tighter to Grandma.I think she hugged Grandma almost the whole time we were there!

Molly and meMolly, Grandma April, and the witch riding her bike over the waterMolly, Andrew, Lizzy, TianaI think Molly's funny face needs a little work!

The kids loved running around and playing after we'd seen all the witches. It was a beautiful day!
Later that night...

Me and my pumpkin (yes, my pumpkins look the same every year, my strategy is usually to get it done as fast as I can!)Molly and her pumpkin-we carved her name in her pumpkin, if you couldn't tell...Such smart cookie-she thought it was a puzzle and kept putting the letters back where they went. It kept her entertained for quite a while!Justin and his pumpkinMolly didn't really get into the whole pumpkin carving thing. She did not like touching the gooey insides! Instead, she watched Justin and I gut and carve the pumpkins while saying, "I'm so proud of you guys!"

4 comments:

Megan said...

You have raised such a supportive and postive daughter: 'I am so proud of you guys!' Haha. I love it. I also love her tights at Gardner Village. I love Halloween there and I had every intention of going again this year. We even set 2 different play dates up, but something always came up. There's always next year I suppose. Looks like you guys had fun!

Rachelle said...

Molly and Lizzy remind me a lot of each other. Lizzy has never gotten into pumpkin carving... well she likes watching... but won't touch the gross stuff inside. Lots of fun. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween.

Erin said...

Cute pictures. I missed going to Gardner Village this year. I don't know why I did not go becasue it is so fun. I am impressed that you carve your own pumpkin. I don't think I ever have. Before I was married Dad would and now I make Christopher do it.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I love how you carved Molly's name. What a cute idea.