Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Day!

Halloween started out with a haircut for Molly-her first! I was nervous, which is why it took me so long to finally do it. It was getting so long, but it was pretty thin and not too even at the bottom so it was time!

Before:After:Yes, I got a little carried away-I didn't mean to cut off that much! And I realize it doesn't look perfectly straight but give me a break, it was my first time cutting anybody's hair-I refuse to even cut Justin's! Once it's actually combed, blown dry, and curled under, though, you can't even tell that it's not perfectly straight. She looked so cute on Sunday for church.

View from the back:View from the front:I'll probably be letting it grow out for the next 6 months or so in the hopes that it will get long and thick!

Okay, on to things more fun: Halloween and trick-or-treating! Molly had never been before so we thought that we'd just take her down the street and then back up on the other side.

Well, once we started going we could see that it wasn't exactly going to play out like that. Molly loved it and didn't want to quit! After the first house, she looked at us with this amazed look like, "This is all I have to do?" On our way to the next house she said to Justin, "Daddy, I say trick-or-treat and then I get candy!" We had told her about it, but she didn't really get it until we actually went.We had so much fun watching her get so excited and who cares about all the candy she got? She's practically forgot about it and it's been a good bribing tool..."Molly, if you eat all of your lunch/dinner, you can have one piece of your Halloween candy."

So we ended up trick-or-treating for longer than an hour and by the end Molly was jumping up and down on the porches, before they came to the door. She couldn't contain her excitement!Molly's first trick-or-treating adventure was a success!

7 comments:

Missy said...

I love her costume it is so cute love her hair also you did good Brax needs a hair cut too but I'm to nervous to do it he is too wiggly.

Megan said...

I am glad she liked it - as all kids chould ;) She makes a pretty cute little cow. I am impressed that you cut her hair too - I think it looks good. Especially for a small ones who don't sit still. I really need to get Anna's hair cut for the same reasons and I am scared. Wanna come do hers too? ;)

Erin said...

Molly's hair is sooo cute. You did cut a lot off but it looks great. I am glad that she like trick-or-treating so much. Everything is much more fun with our little girls. Aren't we so lucky!!!!

Rachelle said...

You did a great job on her hair. I am impressed. I was pretty nervous the first time... and I don't think it turned out nearly so nice. Good job.

rupee40 said...

Molly's hair looks so cute! You really did do a good job. I would be way nervous too. Im glad she had fun trick or treating. I really love that cow costume.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I think you did a great job with Molly's hair. I tried once with Carter's hair and that was the last as well. It looks like Halloween was succesful. Molly looked adoreable.

The Mumfords said...

What a cute little cow! I can't wait for Alexa to get excited about things. Hopefully we can plan a time to see you guys in December. It's been too long!

P.S. I though it was a good haircut. I would be nervous too.