Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Doctor's Visits

Both of my kids had to go into the doctor this month for check-ups. Molly was first, and the one I was most nervous about. I talked to her about what to expect for a few weeks before we went so we both felt prepared. She was great! Last year, she screamed the whole time the doctor was in the same room, and this year she was so grown-up! She got her blood pressure taken, stood on the scale, and passed the vision exam with flying colors (if you allow me to brag a little, all the nurses said that most 3-year-olds don't even understand the concept of the test but Molly never even skipped a beat)! When the doctor asked her if she wanted to sit on the chair by me or up on the bed for the exam she opted for the bed (I was surprised) and climbed up all by herself. Then my normally very shy little girl proceeded to tell him all about her birthday. And if that wasn't enough, when it came time for the flu "mist" she laid down and let them squirt it up her nose with no complaints. W-O-W! Molly was 27 pounds and 35 inches, 16th percentile across the board!We were at the doctor's office again 5 days later for Stockton's appointent-why they wouldn't let me do them together I still don't know. It was supposed to be his 2-month appointment but we had to re-schedule a few weeks before because the doc was sick, so it was really his five-days-before-three-months appointment. I was anxious to finally see how big our baby boy was, he seems to be growing so fast and putting on the pounds. He was 12 pounds on the dot, which is not huge but almost double his birth weight which is great! The poor little guy got three shots and one oral vaccination which pretty much knocked him out for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Woodbury Family said...

What a cutie. I love Stockton's little jeans!

Megan said...

I dread taking Anna for her 3 year. She hates being put on the scale and being looked at (it happened when we took her to the allergist - a total tantrum). Maybe if I talk to her about it, like you did with Molly, from now until December she will be a little more compliant. LOL. Your kids are super cute, as usual. Glad they are healthy and well!

Karla said...

Jane and I have loved your last few posts. I think we watched the videos of Molly 10 times the other day. I loved hearing her tell the stories. She is a cute girl. Jane was very jealous of Molly's purple wall. Looks like Molly had a great birthday and the doctor visits went well---I hope Jane's is just as smooth. I hope you don't have any other mouse incidents---I do not like those things...