Friday, January 25, 2008

Molly-girl

As is the case with all parents, our little girl is our pride and joy. We are so thankful to have her as part of our family. Sometimes after Molly is in bed, Justin and I will laugh about the things that she has done that day and go "Wow, can you believe that she is ours forever?" Anyway, I could get all sentimental on you but I wanted to show some of Molly's latest antics...Molly has a new love for dancing. Along with dancing, she likes standing on her head occassionally. Our new favorite song to dance to is "All-American Girl" by Carrie Underwood. Whenever that song comes on the radio, we stop whatever we are doing and go out into the front room to dance. For Molly, dancing is just running around in circles, clapping her hands, and every once in awhile, patting her thighs.
Molly is extremely curious (what 16-month old isn't?). I think one of her favorite things to do is get in the way of whatever Justin or I am doing. She especially loves Daddy's tools. I snapped this picture a few weeks ago. Molly thought she was so smart because she got to help Daddy!
Molly often finds that random things (like bike pumps) make for more fun than her toys do. She came across Justin's bike pump in the closet last week and carried it around all afternoon. It was a little awkward for her to carry, but she perservered anyway!
Molly is our little climber. She has been climbing on things before she could walk and will climb on anything she can. This was taken right after she climbed up on the kitchen table. She's amazingly coordinated. A lot of times I don't think she'll be able to make it but somehow she does!Molly loves bathtime and will spend a long time in the tub. And while it's fun to watch her in the tub, our favorite part about bathtime is when she snuggles up to us when she gets out.This happened just a couple of days ago. I was in the front room doing something when I heard a crash come from Molly's bedroom. When I went in to investigate, this is how I found Molly. She had somehow fallen in her toy bucket behind the rocking chair and couldn't get out. What made it even funnier, though, was the look on her face and the partially eaten cookie in her mouth.Molly loves playing with our glasses and has succeeded in breaking both of ours. We just thought this picture was funny and were amazed that she left them on long enough to snap a picture!

Well, that's enough for this post. Stay tuned for other silly Molly stories!

3 comments:

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

I love, love, love your blog!!
Molly is such a cutie!

Rachelle said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog now so we don't have to miss our on all of this great stuff. Adorable pictures!!!

David Grover said...

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon your blog when posting a story about me and Justin on my own blog. Hope you guys are having the time of your lives.

Oh, and check out the story here.