Monday, January 21, 2008

Moving day!



Well, it's been a few weeks since we've been here in Lindon but we wanted to thank everyone for all the help they gave us in the moving process. We couldn't have done it without all the help! Our camera was packed up somewhere but fortunately Camille had her camera with her and took some pictures of everyone unloading the truck. Thanks to Mom and Dad for helping me pack. What they helped me do in one day would have taken me two weeks by myself. We had some ward members in Logan help us load up the UHAUL. They were extremely efficient and got everything finished in less than two hours. Justin drove the UHAUL down while pulling one car behind that. Me and Molly followed behind him. I felt very blessed to have Molly sleep in the car the whole way. I was worried about the UHAUL in front of me (it didn't seem too stable) and it helped immensely not having a wiggly, squirmy and crying baby in the back. Justin's family pulled into the driveway in Lindon right after us. They gave up their plans for New Year's Eve to help us get everything out of the UHAUL and inside. Thanks everyone for your help! We are now happily settled into our new apartment, which we love. Here are the things that we especially enjoy: first, no mold in the closets (wahoo!), fireplace, huge sink, dishwasher, roomy fridge and freezer, a place for our own washer and dryer, pantry to fit lots of cans and food, central vacuum in kitchen (I just sweep all the gunk on the floor into it and it sucks it up-it's pretty cool), walk-in closets in the rooms, and we love the quietness of the location. The mountains here are beautiful-we've seen lots of deer in our backyard and in the neighbors yards. And Megan is getting used to the area and it starting to love it. We know this is where we're supposed to be and are grateful to Heavenly Father that He has blessed us with so much!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Your such a good blogger Megan. I'm glad that you are all safely settled in your new place. Sounds pretty nice. I like your slide show as well. I need to check out photobucket.

Erin M said...

I am so glad to hear that you like it in Lindon. I can't wait to come at see your new place. I am so glad that you keep up so well on your blogs, it is so fun to see your pictures.