Friday, October 31, 2008

One of my most favorite traditions...

...is our annual girl's day to Park City. We've been doing this for so long that I honestly can't remember when we started. Traditionally, we went when Dad and Bryce went deer hunting and we'd stay overnight. We thought this was great because we got to swim in the hotel pool when it was cold outside! In the good old days (like elementary and junior high) the highlight of my trip would be to pick out a new Nancy Drew book. I'd probably read it the whole way home and almost have it finished by the time we got home!

It's no longer deer hunt weekend-we just try to find a day that works for all of the girls, as well as the guys, because they have to/get to stay home with the kids. It's much more relaxed with no children!

Last Saturday, I laid Molly down for her nap, had a baby-sitter come over until Justin got home from work, and headed up to Park City. It was a beautiful day and we hit the outlets on a good day. We shopped for hours, until we were all pooped out and ready for some food. Then we ate dinner and parted ways-me to Lindon, the others to Plain City.It was so much fun! I love this tradition but I do have to say...we missed you, Ali!

3 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

That looks so fun, all the girls in our family have a girls weekend next weekend and I can't wait! Glad it was relaxing.

Megan said...

What a fun tradition - even if it was only for the day this year. Shopping, yummy food and girls - a fun, much needed break indeed!

rupee40 said...

I wish I could've been there too. You can't quite get that kind of retail therapy anywhere but Park City with your sisters! Im glad you guys all went and had fun though!