Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This is our Thanksgiving Tree:At dinner each night we would write what we were thankful for on a leaf and hang it on our tree. Molly was thankful for the following:
-Food
-Jesus
-Flu shot
-My Room
-Stockton
-The leaves in the fall
-Jade (her friend from school)
-Books
-Cousins
-My Bed
-Fish
She did pretty well with this activity, although most things that she said were said while looking at it. We had fun doing this, I think it will become a family tradition.

We made the trip to Vernal for the Goodrich Thanksgiving this year. Justin's grandparents are from a very small town called Tridell, which is near Vernal. It's always held at a church and is a good time to catch up on cousins (Justin has a lot). The numbers seem to be dwindling, but I guess you can expect that to happen since the cousins are getting married and splitting time between families and in-laws. But our family made a good showing-all were in attendance! We had a good time hanging out at the church, eating dinner, playing basketball, and playing Pounce.

We found an empty classroom and Stockton took a couple of nice naps in the port-a-crib.Waiting for the food to be ready. Molly's favorite part of dinner was the ice cream.4 Generations of Goodrich boys.Stockton's middle name is Ray...we named him after three great men. Rae Goodrich (great-grandpa in the picture above), Norman Ray Fletcher (Justin's maternal grandpa), and Justin Ray (who was named after his two grandpas).
The name Stockton is also a small tribute to Grandpa Goodrich. Ask Justin to explain.

I was surprised to learn that Grandma and Grandpa Goodrich have 85 great-grandkids. 85! That's a lot. Here are two cute ones...Justin and I had to drive home after dinner since he had to work the next day. I guess we missed out on the fun...watching "White Christmas" at Grandma Fletcher's and cutting down our own Christmas tree. Oh well, such is life...

4 comments:

rupee40 said...

The thankful tree is such a good idea! I might have to steal that one.
Does Molly's shirt say Book Worm? Like mommy, like daughter. That is funny! Can't wait to see Stockton, he is huge!
The Disney Princesses on Ice looks so fun. Molly cracks me up! I can just imagine her dancing and posing in her princess poses the entire time.
See you tomorrow! Yikes, I should be packing!

Erin M said...

I love the thankful tree. I think we'll have to try it too. I can't believe how big Stockton looks in that picture.
That movie is so funny.

Megan said...

85 grand kids! Holy moly! That is insane. Sounds like a great day, full of food and relaxing - how could it not be?! The 'thankful tree' is a great idea. I loved Molly's answers.

Missy said...

Looks liek lots of fun My grandpa to had a lot of grandchildren not as many as 85 but close, big family's our fun! ;)