Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Monthly Update!

Molly is so much fun! She learns something new everyday and does silly things all the time. I like to give an update every month or so just so that I can remember the things that we laugh about in bed at night. (Yes, every night just before falling asleep, I fill Justin in on all the funny things our daughter has done that day.)

-Since Molly loves to help me make dinner (and breakfast and lunch), I thought it would be fun for her to have an apron. So I made one for her and gave it to her for her birthday. It turned out pretty cute, although a little bit too big. I was so excited to give it to her but she really didn't like it. The first time I tried to get her to wear it, this was her reaction:So I hid it in the dark recesses of her closet. I knew if she saw it she would say, "Mommy I don't want to wear that apron" and start crying just at the very thought! But last week when we were cooking dinner and Molly was "helping" she suddenly decided she wanted to wear the apron. So I got it out and really made sure she wanted it (I didn't want any tantrums). She really did want it and actually liked it!She ended up wearing it the rest of the night and would only take it off when it was time to put on her jammies.

-Mom bought us the cute Halloween gingerbread house kit for us to put together at the cabin. We thought it was something Molly would enjoy. Since I didn't want to carry it on my lap all the way home from Bear Lake (3 hours), we decided to save it and do it at home. I was excited and so was Molly. Sorry Mom but it didn't work out so well. This was our finished project:Molly was a little too overzealous in her desire to help and I used a little too much frosting on the bottom making it so there wasn't enough for the rest of it-oops! Molly enjoyed eating all the candy though. In fact, the next night when I was trying to get dinner ready, I gave Molly a bowl of the orange and black sprinkles to eat. She thought they were great-little did we know that they would stain her mouth, teeth, and fingers black!-Molly loves when Daddy gets home. Instead of waiting outside for him to drive up, she stands on a chair and watches out her window-it's pretty cute. One night last week she gave him a foot massage( I don't think Justin objects)

and then they played in her crib.Daddies are great, aren't they? I've never gotten in her crib to play with her and make up silly stories. Come to think of it, she's never asked me to...I guess it's just a daddy/daughter activity!

-One last random picture, only because I finally succeeded in getting her to actually look at the camera and smile, all at the same time! This is Molly wearing Daddy's bike helmet and showing Mommy her "happy face."Doesn't get much cuter than this!

-Since we got back from our trip to Yellowstone, Molly only calls me "Megan/Meggie/Meg" and Justin is always "Justin." When she first started this, we always corrected her and reminded her to call us "Mommy" and "Daddy." I've given up correcting her and answer to whatever. (It's actually pretty funny.)

-Molly is so independent that when I change her diaper she won't even let me lift her legs to slide the fresh diaper underneath. So for a few weeks now we have to say "Bum up!" and she kicks her legs up as high as she can, allowing us to get a diaper underneath her bum. She likes to play with a stuffed scarecrow that I have out for Halloween; last week I caught her laying it on the ground and then she said, "BUM UP!" like she was changing it's diaper. I laughed so hard and so did Justin when I told him later that night. Now each time she sees the scarecrow she says, "I told that scarecrow 'bum up.' That's pretty silly, huh?" Yup, pretty silly indeed!

P.S. If anyone is reading this can you tell me how much to pay a baby-sitter? After living here for 10 months, I finally got one of the Young Women to baby-sit Molly on Saturday. She hasn't had a baby-sitter since July 07 (besides family) so I'm not really sure how much to pay!

4 comments:

Woodbury Family said...

It must be comforting for Justin to know he has a bed to sleep in if you kick him out of yours. However, if either Justin or Molly grow much they may bottom out the crib. I've honestly never seen a daddy in a crib before. Cute pictures.

Megan said...

The first picture is classic - I love it. I am glad she ended up liking the apron though - it is very cute. Also, I have thought about climbing into Annabelle's crib - you know, to make her laugh. But I feared I would break it and then my self esteem would be shot. Good to know it can be done ;)

Sorry I can't help you much with the baby sitter. Only family have watched Anna too. We too have found a young girl in the ward recently who wants to watch Anna, but we haven't took the leap yet. So when you find out what the going rate is, let me know too!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Megan, you are quite the seamstress! I love Molly's apron...and I'm so glad she loves it now too! As far as babysitters go, well, sadly, our days of $3.00/hr are passed. I pay $5/hr and if there are other kids, you generally add $1/hr for each additional child.

rupee40 said...

That picture of Justin in the crib made me laugh a lot! Cute apron, did you use the pattern I sent or did you find another one? Im glad she decided she likes it now!