Thursday, October 23, 2008

Scarecrow Festival

For family night on Monday we headed to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The weather was great, we thought we'd enjoy it why it lasts! Molly had a blast and Justin and I enjoyed watching her get excited over everything. She loved all of it and kept saying "Meggio, I'm so excited!" (By the way, she now calls me either Mommy-o or Meggie-o and Justin is Daddy-o.) We'd do one activity and she'd say, "Let's go find something else to do!"We paid one flat fee to get in (Molly was free) and then we could do any of the activities. This was nice-I hate when you pay to get in, then if you want to do anything you have to fork over more money! They had quite a few things to do. Here are some of the things that we hit:

The Spider SpeedwayI'm pretty sure Justin was the only parent to put their child on their shoulders! Typical of Justin.

Molly showing off her monkey balloon. Yes, I realize I cut most of the balloon off, but she shoved it right into my face, what else was I supposed to do?She was so cute and acted like such a big girl when we went to get the balloon. She told the man exactly what she wanted and said "Thank You" when he gave it to her. Standing there all by herself; where has my baby gone?

Molly and Mommy on the trainEven Justin got into it. He did the speed pitch and the rock wall. Go Daddy!Molly playing horseshoesThere was a tent set up with lots of little kid's games with only bales of hay to divide each game. Molly was just playing horseshoes (she had quite the round up) when BAM! she gets hit by a stray golf-ball-thingy. The little boy definitely doesn't know how to aim. This picture was taken right before she got conked in the forehead...oops! It didn't hurt her and she only cried when the boy's dad made him apologize!

Molly had fun picking out her pumpkin to take home. She tried to carry it, but it was a little to heavy for her.We also played on lots of bouncy things: slides, trampolines, etc. Molly had tons of fun with these!

We finished up the night with a scone and a caramel apple. Molly preferrred the caramel only and just dipped her finger in and then licked it off-I'm not surprised, she is our Messy Molly.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love that she only cried when the boy was forced to apologize - that is hilarious! Looks like you guys had fun - definitely lots to do. I am thinking I need to get a membership to Thanksgiving Point - I think it would be a good investment. You should too then we can have lots of play dates Meggio :)

Missy said...

Looks like lots a fun. Molly is so cute. That picture of her riding on Justins sholders is to funny I bet she loved it. Daddys are so fun.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun. Maybe we will follow suit and head out there as well.