Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow Days

January 1

The combination was just right: there was enough snow and Daddy was home. (Daddy's are much better at playing in the snow, don't you think?) Molly had been wanting to play in the snow and test out her new tube all week. Just across the street we have a pretty good tubing hill. She did a few runs on Justin's lap then tried going half-way down by herself. But she hit a jump and bit her tongue so it was back to riding on Dad's lap.After a few runs down the big hill, they moved to a smaller hill that was just right for her to try out by herself. Much better.The spent the rest of the time building a snowman...Frosty, of course. He's much better than the Frosty I made with her last year. Mine was pretty wimpy.Justin lasted longer than Molly...she came in and he continued to work on Frosty. Then he added our Christmas tree and made a lovely winter scene. It stayed like this for about one week.
January 11

School was at our house and we were learning about snow. What better way to learn about snow than go and play in it? So that's what we did! I had some activities prepared to play with them but they weren't too interested. They made up their own games! They filled up their cups with snow...only it wasn't just snow to them. Emma's was full of hot chocolate, Jade's was a snow cookie, and Molly's was hot chocolate cookie ice cream. I wonder what that tastes like?Stockton wanted to get in the snow with them...I think he wanted to eat it. But he just sat and watched with Mommy. Maybe next year bud. So all that snow that everyone got last week...we got none. Bummer. A lot of our snow is melted and there are huge patches of grass everywhere. Bring on the spring!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I say bring on the Spring too! But I usually say that as soon as Christmas is over. lol. I am impressed with the Christmas scene in your yard and I love the Justin was all into it and stayed out there to finish it after Molly had had enough. I hate being cold, so I don't blame her. I just like to watch from the window ;)

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I love the snow suits and yes the snow is always more fun with daddy!