Sunday, January 31, 2010

We had to get outside.

January 28

Stockton had a very short nap-too short-and was up at 3:30. It was his third, and final, nap of the day and I knew there was no way he was going to last until his 7-o-clock bedtime. I had nowhere I needed to go so the only other option was to just go outside. So I bundled up the kids and out we went.Molly, on her scooter, said that she would only go outside if she could wear a skirt. I was way past the point of caring so I put tights and sweats on underneath. She was warm and she was happy.Stockton was equally happy, just hanging out in the stroller. He broke out into peals of laughter when he heard some dogs barking. It was funny.

Our short jaunt outside boosted everyone's spirits and we survived the rest of the night with our sanity intact.

5 comments:

rupee40 said...

You are such a good mom. It is my goal to get out and just let Gavin run around more, even if it is a bit chilly. He needs it (and so do I, I think). Thanks for the idea!

Oh, and I just looked at the post below again. I can't believe how skinny Stockton's legs were! I think you took that picture when we were at your house!

Megan said...

You gotta do what ya gotta do ;) I remember always going for walks with Anna when she was tired to calm her down. Too bad it is so cold, that is why I haven't gone that route with Evan. I know I can bundle them like you did, that part doesn't have me worried, I know I would be cold and I hate the cold. lol. I am such a wuss.

Erin said...

I love Molly's outfits. She cracks me up.

Rachelle said...

Molly reminds me so much of Lizzy. Lizzy still insists on skirts and she's 6!! But what does it matter... really. Anyway... I learned how to do my blog header in Picasa. It was easier than I thought. I'll show you how sometime if you want to know how. By the way (and this is way off the subject) but last night we had a meal from that 45 day meal plan I sent you and it was SOOOO good. It is the Ramen Noodles stir-fry one. We loved it. That's all.

Missy said...

Looks like you been staying busy, I cant believe how big Stockton is why do they have to grow up so fast it so sad... Love all the pics of him they turned out so so cute... Molly is so silly Brax looks at the screen and says she play??? So cute they are so fun and sure keep us busy...