Wednesday, April 16, 2008

March Madness

This is a little late but I wanted to document one family tradition. Both Justin and I love March Madness. Here are the top three things I love about it...
1. Justin and I always fill out our brackets the night before the tournament starts. Justin analyzes his picks for days or even weeks before we fill them out. I, on the other hand, take about 5 minutes. My strategy seems to be to pick the teams that I have heard of or choose the higher seed. We always hang them on the fridge so Justin can keep track of who is winning with a red Sharpie marker.
2. We love the upsets! We will usually cheer for the underdog even if they are not our pick. It is so exciting!
3. Of course..."One Shining Moment!" I usually don't sit down and watch all the games like Justin but after the whole thing is over, they play the highlights from the whole tournament along to the cheesy song "One Shining Moment." I never miss it!

Here are this year's brackets. Mine is on the left and Justin's is on the right. As you can see, I have more red X's so I lost, as usual. I think I've only beat Justin once!

3 comments:

rupee40 said...

Thats fun, Jeff and I did that this year too. I also lost big time, meaning I have to plan a date and make the bed for a whole week (Jeff normally does)! But it doesn't stop there, I came in DEAD last in my work pool, out of like 150 people. Jeff won't let me live it down. But its a fun tradition, did you guys have a wager on yours?

The Goodrich's said...

Ali, that's funny. Sometimes we wager but not like that! I can't believe you can in last at work, that is hilarious! It's pretty fun, though, huh?

Erin said...

Boy that sounds so familiar. It seems like you were writing about my family. This year, as with most years, not only did I lose, but came in very last place. (which lead to the deal with Jake) Anyway I love March for the same reason.