Thursday, April 24, 2008

Too cold?

Okay, I'll admit it was probably too cold to go swimming but Justin couldn't wait! Last week when the temperature got up to high 70s/low 80s, we happened to be walking around Target just killing time. Well we saw this swimming pool and we knew that Molly would love it because it had a slide. So we bought it for her. I was thinking we would just wait until it got a little warmer, but Justin had a different idea-he started blowing it up as soon as we got home! Then he filled it with warm bath water (it took quite a few trips!) and put Molly in. Well, she loved it. She kept going down the slide and just laughing. She also loved the giraffe. Daddy's are definitely more fun because if it was Mommy's choice, we would have waited. We will have lots of fun in this pool all summer! (Of course, the next day, it was so cold and rainy and really windy. Molly and I were inside and I thought "I better go make sure the pool hasn't blown away"-I had put Justin's bike rack in it so it wouldn't blow away-well, sure enough, the slide was still there but the pool was gone! I was so upset so I put Molly in the care and we drove around the neighborhood until I found it. After much searching, I finally found it across the street from the subdivision we live in, clear on the side of someone's house, behind their garbage cans!)

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

That looks like so much fun. We have been roasting over here. (Our apartment complex won't turn on the AC until mid May). We don't have a backyard, but I did give the kids big buckets of water and let them go throw it at each other on the deck. I'm glad you found your pool.

rupee40 said...

That is such a cute pool. Looks like you guys will have a ton of fun with that, Molly will want to swim everyday! Hopefully it warms up for you so that you can. Im glad it wasn't lost for good.

Erin M said...

That looks like fun. Why is it thats dads are so much fun? That is such a cute pool. Hopefully it will warm up soon.