Thursday, September 17, 2009

Weekend at "home"

August 15-17

I've never lived more than 1 1/2 hours away from my parents house, so I was surprised when 2 full months had passed without visiting. That has to be the longest I've ever gone. When the four of us finally made it, we packed it full of fun!

On our way up we stopped at Lagoon. Who doesn't secretly love Lagoon, with it's huge crowds, long lines, and all the interesting outfit choices you see? Well, I do, even when I'm not riding any rides. This year we went for Molly-we were excited because we thought she was big enough to go on some rides besides just the boats and the train. There were also quite a few new rides in the kid section which we wanted her to try. She liked the whales.She liked Puff.She liked the cars.And she liked the merry-go-round.Those boats that she loved last year? Not so much this time. She was so tired so we took off early-of course she didn't fall asleep in the car and then she was too excited to be having a sleep-over at grandma's that she didn't fall asleep until sometime around 11 pm! Go figure.

The next day was Sunday so off to church we went.I love lazy Sunday afternoons, especially in the summer. We had a barbecue, a family home evening lesson, and then played games. Mom and Dad had these new bikes so they set up an obstacle course in the driveway and we had races. Here is the look on Justin's face as I lap him! And here is a cute baby.We packed in all we could on Monday. For Justin that included 18 holes of golf and some fishing. He was pretty excited to reel this one in!For me and the kids it included hanging out with my friend Karla and her daughter Jane and playing dress-up with Chloe.Ben had planned a "surprise" birthday party for his dad so we enjoyed cupcakes and ice cream and then headed to the Raptor's game. We got there late and left early but we made sure Molly got to meet the Dinosaur (can't remember his name, maybe "Raptor"). This is funny...and now I am done!

3 comments:

Erin M said...

We love it when you can make it down. That was a packed trip up. It was so fun and we were glad you came to the game with us. My kids love it when Molly is here. Abby calls her friend Molly everyday and says "she come over in 20 minutes" Can't wait for the next FHE.

lynn moyes said...

We love having you here. We look forward to it so much. Hopefully this weekend can be as much fun. I love Stockton's smiling pictures. I need some copies.

rupee40 said...

Nice squishy face, Justin! That picture of Molly and Chloe in the boats is a classic! I love it. Stocktons smiling pictures are so cute. I am glad he knows to smile when I am being talked about (right?)!