Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lagoon Day!

Every summer my family gets free tickets to Lagoon from my uncle. It had been a while since either of us had been to Lagoon-we'd never gone together and we had never been on any of the new rides. We decided to go this year since we live so much closer. We also thought Molly would have fun playing with her cousins and going on a few kiddie rides.

We got there at about 5:00 and ate dinner. Then we let the kids ride some rides. First we went on the train.Then we headed for the boats. We stood in line forever! The worker took each kid in one by one and did up their seatbelt before going back to get the next kid. My patience was wearing thin...Grandpa and Chloe provided some good entertainment for Molly.Something must have been funny!Finally, they got to ride the boats! They went around the circle twice...yes, only twice! But the girls had so much fun. They waved to everyone they passed.
Someone thought they were twins...I guess I can see how that can happen. They are the same size and they were dressed the same (not on purpose).

Molly has been on lots of merry-go-rounds this summer and she loves them. But she's never got to ride one at the same time as Daddy!After we let the kids ride some rides, Justin and I, along with Christopher and Bryce decided to enjoy some of the rides too. We headed to Wicked first because it was the longest line. I was pretty nervous but once it got going, it was so fun!!! If the line wasn't so long, I would have gone again and again!Justin and I finished the night riding on all the rides we'd never been on: The Spider, The Bat, and The Samurai. We were also able to squeeze in the Wild Mouse and the Colossus.

It was such a fun night. Thanks to Mom, Dad, and Erin who took care of Molly for us while we were out having fun!

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are such a good mommy. When Ross and I went to Lagoon we totally ditched Annabelle. Maybe next year though? Wicked is way fun huh? I thoroughly enjoyed that ride. The pictures are all cute - I was wondering if you guys dressed the girls the same on purpose - they could pass for twins!

The Childs said...

Sounds like fun. I haven't even heard of half those rides. It sounds like I need to go to Lagoon.

rupee40 said...

You know Jeff and I would have been right there on all of the rides with you!! The new rides sound fun. Molly and Chloe look so cute on the boats. Love the matching outfits!