Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to....me!

That's right, I am now 26 years old-I know, ancient. I was a very lucky girl and got to celebrate three days in a row! On Monday, Justin's family came down to celebrate with angel food cake. Yum! Then my mom and dad came down on Tuesday night and we went to dinner at Applebee's. More yum! Then on Wednesday (my actual birthday), Justin made sure it included some of my favorite things:First of all, Justin surprised me by taking the day off! This was the best surprise ever!!! He had told me last week that the week was really busy with everyone in various trainings and that there would be no way that he could take a day off. So that morning when the alarm was going off and I was just about ready to get up and start the day, he rolls over and says "Guess what? I have the day off." For all of you stay-at-home moms you can understand how excited I was. He had even arranged to have his mom watch Molly so we could have the afternoon for just us.
Second, he took me to lunch. We went to The Cheesecake Factory. Yum!

Third, he bought me shoes and then took me shopping and let me pick out a couple more things.

Fourth, he let me pick the movie. Since I'm a fan of musicals, I've really been wanting to watch "Hairspray," something I normally would not pick if Justin is planning on watching it with me (he's not a big fan of musicals). But since it was my birthday, I got to choose. I thought it was really good!

Last, he went to the store and bought all my favorite movie treats so we could pig-out. He got ice cream (thin mint, yum), cookies, sour patch kids, red vines, and dots. Don't worry, we didn't eat it all in one movie!

All in all, it was a great birthday. Thanks everyone (especially Justin) for making it so great!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! You are so lucky that Justin took the day off... that is awesome. I'm glad you had a great day and glad we could celebrate one of them with you.

Erin M said...

Happy Late Birthday!! That is so sweet that Justin took the day off. What a great surprise. Sounds like a great birthday. When we watched hairspray (at the cabin at the request of the Halliday's) Bryce probably felt the same as Justin, which was not overjoyed. Those two are a lot alike in that aspect. Bryce just dies at the thought of a musical.