Friday, February 8, 2008

Playing pretend

Lately Molly has started to act out things she sees me do or someone else doing. For example, two days ago she was playing in her room (she likes to go in there and close the door). When I peeked in on her I found her playing "mommy". She had taken a baby blanket and laid it on the floor and then laid her baby on the blanket. Then she went and got the baby powder, went back to her baby, turned the powder upside down and shook it on her baby. Then she got a diaper and laid it over the baby.













Another time this happened was last week with Tiana. The girls found my spices and starting playing with them. Well, they ended up sitting at Molly's table, making dinner for each other. This was Tiana's idea, obviously, since Molly can't say "Let's make dinner" but since then, Molly gets the spices out everyday and sits at her table like she did with Tiana. I can only assume that she is "making dinner."










I guess kids are a lot smarter than we think and they watch what we are doing! Molly is learning something new almost everyday and it is so fun to be able to watch her comprehend something or learn something new.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

That is so adorable. Stuff like that makes me want to be extra careful about everything I do - just in case my kids decide to copy it.

Erin M said...

How fun. She is getting so big. I think thats my favorite thing to watch is when the kids play pretend. It just gets more fun.