Saturday, May 17, 2008

Family Fishing Night

Justin heard about this fun place to go fishing so we decided to check it out a couple of weeks ago. So we packed a picnic, jackets, and our fishing gear and headed out. We got lost, of course-Utah County is so confusing! As soon as you enter into another city, all the street coordinates change-it's so frustrating! Well, we almost gave up but then we found it. It was a fun place, although not entirely clean. But Molly didn't care-she had a blast!

Molly didn't want to take time for a pictures with Mommy! Can you see how dirty her face is?I tried to get Molly to feed the ducks but all she wanted to do was throw the rocks-in the water, in her shoes, wherever she could find! This was probably a good thing considering the ducks didn't want to eat the bread I threw them. It was quite crowded-I think they were full! The highlight for Molly was when Justin caught the fish. She had fun petting it (I was trying not to cringe-gross!) and holding the fishing pole. Aren't these Daddy/daughter pictures so cute! True to character, Molly was a mess when we packed up to head home. She was also exhausted! She would have fallen asleep on the way home but I didn't have jammies and she desperately needed a bath. So we sang songs while patting our knees to the beat all the way home. It seemed to entertain Molly and, more importantly, kept her awake!

6 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

wow, she is the cutest little girl. I see both of you in her. Arent they so fun. Ok I am so glad you found me, I wondered where you ended up. So fun to see your blog, I am excited to be blogging friends now!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Also I went private so will you email me so I can send an invite. Its haypotter300@yahoo.com

Megan said...

The picture of her with Justin is so adorable - I love her big cheese. I would have been grossed out by petting a fish too, but kids don't know the difference and I am sure she thought that part was way cool ;) You sound like me trying to get Anna to stay awake when we are in the car - roll the windows down, sing and talk super loud. But if she falls asleep for even 2 minutes she thinks that is all the nap she needs - think again!

Rachelle said...

Oh...your post made me want to go fising/camping so badly. I love the picture of Molly and Justin. Very sweet. also...I like all of your new quotes on the side of your blog. I have an obsession with collecting quotes so I hope you don't mind if I steal a few of them.

Erin said...

Molly looked so cute. I think Chloe would love to go fishing. I know she would love to hold the fish and I would be just like you, I would have a hard time letting her but I would let her. I guess.

Erin M said...

Some of the cutest pictures I have seen. I love the one of Justin and Molly. Looks like so much fun.