Friday, May 9, 2008

Our Crazy Girl

Just a couple of things that Molly has done lately worth mentioning...Molly and I got to the library quite often. I let her pick out some board books to take home, then we go get a new Elmo movie (or Elmo moo-gie), then a book for Mama. The Orem library is quite big-it has three stories! So yesterday we were on our way to the check-out when we got in the elevator to go upstairs (I thought it would be faster than stairs). Molly was holding my hand but I had my back turned and, yup, sure enough, Molly pushes the big red button that says "Press This Button in Case of Emergency." Yikes! They shouldn't make those so curious kids can reach! So it starts ringing and someone comes on the line and says, "Is this an emergency?" I ran out of the elevator as soon as the doors open and run to the circulation desk to tell them it was just Molly and we don't have an emergency! Luckily, I was in time for them to call the police to let them know it was just an accident and that they didn't need to run over with their lights flashing! Oh, how embarrassing!This is Molly's doll, named "Baby" (I know, pretty creative, huh?). Molly loves this baby that my Grandma Elaine gave her for her birthday. It goes everywhere with us, and quite often the stroller goes too. When Molly can see that I'm getting ready to go somewhere, she'll come up to me with Baby in arms and say "Mommy, Baby take" which means she wants to take Baby with us. Last night I was sitting on the couch reading a book when Molly brought me Baby to hold. I picked her up and she was soaking wet! Upon further investigation, I discovered that Molly had tried to give Baby a bath-in the toilet! Ew gross! She has never, ever opened up the toilet so I guess that's something I'll have to watch now. Does anyone know if I can just stick the baby in the washing machine?
Last thing-this is just cute. Molly is getting such a cute personality and she loves to tease her mom and dad! She has this new thing at night that she does-she'll come up to me or Justin and say "Night-night." So we ask, "Are you ready for night-night?" Molly gets this cute grin on her face and says "Nope!" (Not "no" but "nope"-I'm not sure where she learned this word.) Anyways, it is so cute, I wish you could all see her face when she does this!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Hey Megan this is Melissa (Greer) Cottle. How are things I got your blog from your sisters who is on Heidi and Sang's Blog. Any how,your little girl is so cute. We just had a little boy January 25he is a cutie you will have to check out our blog.

marni said...

hey megan! i'm so glad you found my blog! it's been a while. molly is so cute. it looks like she keeps you very busy. i know lilly does. :)
how's everything going for you guys? andrew joined the air force. that's why he's gone. he didn't divorce me or anything. :) he's doing training down there right now. anyway. thanks for finding me!

rupee40 said...

That girl is so funny!! So mischevious...mom was telling me the elevator story and I could just imagine how embarrassed you were!! Im sure it wasn't that big of a deal to anyone else though. I love hearing of all of these funny experiences.

Erin M said...

Molly is so dang cute. That is the funniest story about the elevator (becuase it wasn't me) Molly is such a busy girl. So So Cute!