Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Big Sister

One of the sweetest experiences I've had was when Molly came to the hospital and met Stockton for the first time. The two of them instantly bonded; it was like they remembered each other. She was so sweet to him-kissing him and rubbing his head. And now that he is home, and has been for two months, she is still really sweet to him. I hear horror stories of older siblings who are not very nice to their baby brother or sister and luckily we've never encountered that. She's never tried to feed him anything or tried to pick him up or hit or kicked-nothing! My favorite thing to listen to right now is Molly's baby talk-it is hilarious when she really gets going! She refers to her brother as either "Buddy" or "Stockton Bockton."


Molly likes to either sit on a chair or lay on a pillow right next to Stockton. While doing this, she'll either read him a book, sing him a song, or tell him a story. He really enjoys it, unless he's really fussy. He'll stare right at her and listen to what she's saying-he loves to listen to her voice. I love to watch her be a big sister. This was not one of those times that he loved the sound of her voice, but I think it's so cute...


A couple of things that she's said to me:

"Mom, I love Stockton. He's my best friend." (I get this a lot.)
"Mom, I like Stockton better than you."
And if we're going somewhere she always asks if Stockton is coming, like she's afraid we'll leave him.

She really is great; I feel lucky that I don't have to worry about her with him. She loves to kiss him and occasionally she'll ask to hold him, but mostly she's just really, really nice to him! Stockton couldn't have asked for a better big sister!

2 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

So sweet! What a great big sister. Hopefully it lasts throughout the teenage years. :)

Missy said...

That is too cute what a good big sister..