Friday, August 14, 2009

Father's Day 2009

June 21

I have no pictures of Father's Day this year but Molly was so cute that it's worth mentioning. Father's Day was fast approaching when I asked Molly what we should get Daddy. She absentmindedly said "I don't know" and went back to whatever she was doing. Then 5 minutes later she comes to me and says, "Mom, I know what to get Dad for Father's Day...guns!" Huh? I didn't know where that came from but I took her to Wal-mart and let her choose a couple of water guns to give to Justin (I gave him a gift too so that's not all he got). She was pretty excited to give them to him...

2 days before Father's Day, in the car on the way to the reunion (Justin's with us):
Molly: Daddy, we got you some guns for Father's Day!
So I try to explain to Molly that it's a surprise and she's supposed to wait until Justin can open them.

1 day before Father's Day (Justin's with us again):
Molly: Mom, is it still a surprise about the guns for Father's Day?
Now I'm just laughing and so is Justin.

She was so excited when she could finally give Justin the present she had picked out all by herself!

Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments: