Friday, August 28, 2009

A few of Stockton's likes

1. Tummy time! This one took us about 5 weeks to figure out, and I credit Justin for discovering it. Molly was never a tummy baby, so I didn't even think about it with Stockton. He's not much of a snuggler and doesn't really want to be rocked or held while he falls asleep. So when he starts to get tired, lay him anywhere on his belly, pop a bink in his mouth and asleep he goes. I know they say never let a baby sleep on his belly, but honestly it's the only way he'll sleep during the day. I check on him a lot! He sleeps well swaddled up on his back at night so this is only a daytime thing. I think he looks so cute when he sticks his little bum in the air!

2. That ugly hospital binky!
Nope, he won't take those much cuter binkies that I picked out for him before he was born. Oh well, at least he'll take a binky, right? Justin says we'll get rid of it much earlier than we got rid of Molly's...we'll see!

3. Being outside!
(Probably every kids loves this.)
Need to calm Stockton down? Take him outside. Yup, works everytime.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Lacie's newest little girl won't take anything but a Soothie pacifier either and she too hates it. But hey, I would rather have the baby take that than no binky at all ;)

rupee40 said...

I miss him so much! He is so cute sleeping on his belly like that. Whatever works...

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I wondered when i would get to see an update if the new baby. He is so darling megan. It makes me really baby hungry! I bet you are tired though. Good job to Molly with the binki, how nice to have it gone. Glad things are going well.