Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stockton: My First Week

**Disclaimer: Keep in mind that as I try to catch up on the last 2 months, most of the posts were written many, many weeks ago. It's the only way I documented Stockton's first couple of months and it needs to be recorded somewhere, so I opted for my blog. It may be boring to the few of you reading this so I apologize but I feel better having it written down somewhere.

Day 1: Friday

Mom and I are pretty bored here at the hospital. All that is on TV is coverage about some guy named Michael Jackson (who died on the day I was born) and Wimbledon. Mom says her bed is really uncomfortable and she can’t wait until we can go home tomorrow. But for now I need to stay here so that the nurses can make sure I am healthy.

We did get our only visitors besides grandparents here at the hospital. Thanks Matt and Camille for coming down and alleviating some of the boredom.

Day 2: Saturday

We get to go home today! My doctor and Mommy’s doctor said that we are both healthy so Daddy is taking us home. I only weigh 5 lbs 12 oz and Daddy can’t believe how small I am. I don’t really fit in my car seat. My sister was never this small. Mommy dressed me in some newborn-sized baseball jammies but they don’t fit; maybe they will in a few weeks.

We took advantage of the quiet afternoon and all three of us caught up on some sleep. Mommy and Daddy keep saying they miss my big sister Molly, who is staying with Grandma this weekend.

Day 3: Sunday

This morning Daddy learned that he has to be quick when he’s changing my diaper. No dawdling or I might have a surprise in store. I squirted all over him and all over the bed-Mommy just thought it was funny! After that, I was in need of a bath so Daddy got me in the tub. I didn’t like it-I cried the whole time! It made me really tired so I immediately fell asleep when I was nice and warm. Mom and Dad think that my hair is funny when it is clean; they keep calling me “fuzz ball.”

Today I got to meet some of my aunts and uncles and cousins. They took turns holding me.

I’ve had fun just hanging out with my Mom and Dad all weekend, but it seems like something, or someone, is missing. I only met my sister briefly on the night I was born; I’m really excited for her to come home tomorrow.

Day 4: Monday

Finally, my sister is home! She is such a good big sister and helps my mom take care of me. She is especially good at burping me.

Daddy bought her a swimming pool while she was gone so I got to watch her and Gavin go swimming.

Mom put a silly hat on me which is also way too big. Maybe I’ll grow into it by the end of the summer.

Day 5: Tuesday

Today I said goodbye to my cousin, Gavin, who has to go all the way home to his house in Kentucky; next year I’ll be able to run around and play with him.

I also got to know my sister, Molly, a little bit more. She thinks my feet are funny!

Today I showed my Mom and Dad my smile. Mom and Dad have figured out that I will smile occasionally after I eat, my diaper is changed, and I am almost asleep. I must be having good dreams!

Day 6: Wednesday

Mom and Dad were tired of being in the house when the weather has been so nice. So we ventured to a park close to our house where kids 12 and under can fish. Mom and I sat in the shade and watched Daddy and Molly fish.

They didn’t catch anything (hard to do when you leave the hooks at home) but had fun anyway. I slept in my carseat-I’m in there somewhere!

It was a very tiring outing; I took a nap with Molly when we got home.

Day 7: Thursday

I am one week old today! This is also my due date; Mommy is glad she didn’t have to wait this long...

Daddy had to go back to work today. My Grandma Kay came to visit for a couple of days. I liked snuggling with her. And can you believe how much bigger my sister is? My Mommy and Daddy can’t believe how big she looks and how heavy she is to carry.

Well, I am finally here! My first week wasn’t too bad, keep checking for Mommy’s occasional news on how I am growing!

1 comment:

rupee40 said...

Whoa, Molly looks huge! I love little Stockton's crazy hair!