Friday, July 18, 2008

Farm Country

Grandma April took all the kids (minus Lucas) to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. The kids had so much fun. While there they got to feed the animals,pet the animals, and ride the ponies.(Of this, Molly wasn't too sure if she had fun. She clung to me the whole time and she kept telling us when we got home, "Mommy, no ride horsey.")

Grandma packed a picnic which we ate there. Rachelle and Camille tried unsuccessfully to tie a knot in their licorice with their tongues.It was great to see Lizzy and Andrew who have been in Maryland for the last year. Lizzy kept saying to me "I didn't know Molly could talk." I guess she remembers the Molly when they left-she was only 9 months old. The kids also enjoyed dancing around in the dance hall and pretending they were in jail.Here is a picture of Grandma with 4 of her 5 grandkids.Here is a cute picture of Molly with Aunt Camille (or Auntie 'Mil or Elmo).Molly got a little fixated on one thing. Molly saw the horse poop and is still talking about it! Here was our conversation on the way home (I had Molly and Tiana in the back seat):
Molly: Mommy, horsey poop. I poop too.
After saying this over and over (seriously) for about 10 minutes, Tiana says: Megan, I don't want to hear her say that anymore.
Me, laughing to myself: I don't think she's going to stop but you can plug your ears if you don't want to hear it.
I looked back a couple of minutes later and Tiana is still plugging her ears and Molly is still talking about the horsey's poop!

Thanks Grandma April! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha. That poop story is pretty funny. I love the animal farm, but I am thinking Anna would enjoy herself a little more if she went with other kids instead of her mommy, which makes me excited to see you guys next week. Hopefully Molly and Anna will actually interact this time ;0 haha.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!