Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Midway

A few weeks ago we were able to take a mini-vacation with the Moyes fam in beautiful Midway, Utah. Mom and Dad used their membership with Trendwest and booked two rooms for the whole family. I never knew that we were so close to so much fun! Here is what we did...

Day 1: We took the kids to a 12 years and younger fishing hole. The best part about this was seeing Ben catch 3 or 4 fish. He would jump up and down singing, "I caught a fish, I caught a fish." He was quite proud. Molly didn't catch anything.Instead she had fun feeding the ducks. I think she ate more of the bread than she threw to the ducks.She also had fun playing at the park while Ben fished.

Later that afternoon, we just toured the city of Midway a little bit. It is just a quaint little town with a Swiss influence. We went to see the Crater-we didn't swim in it because you had to be older than 5 but it looked pretty cool.That night we went swimmingand had a ping-pong tournament.

Day 2: The Goodrich's and the Walker's drove the 20 minutes into Park City to do a couple hours of shopping at the outlets-always a great place to find a deal! In order to keep Molly awake on the way back to our room, I gave her a sucker. Rather than eating it, she decided to stick it all over her face. Yes, that's my child, anyway she can think of to make a mess she does it!

The boys went golfing that afternoon while the girls relaxed and the kids napped. That night it was back to the swimming pool, something Molly couldn't get enough of.

Day 3: We drove into Park City for a full day! First stop was to the Alpine Slide. They have all sorts of things to do here. Justin and Bryce rode the zip line. I did the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster. Thanks to grandma and grandpa who stayed with the kids so the adults could go and have fun. Molly rode the merry-go-round so many times. Justin taught her to say "Giddy-up!" the whole way around and she was so sad when it was time to get off.Next we drove to the Olympic Park. They had the funnest show-ski jumpers jumping into the water. I was amazed at their talent!After the show, we walked around the ski museum for a little bit.Then we headed over to the outlets again for some serious shopping. We all found some great deals but, boy, were my feet aching by the time we were finished!

But the day's not over. We drove over to Historic Park City for some pizza at Main Street Pizza and caramel apples and raspberry caramels at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. After that, we decided to call it a day! We didn't even swim that night because we were all so exhausted!

The next day was Sunday so we got up and got all ready for church. We were just coming around the corner to pull into our church when Molly throws up all over! Ewww! So we turn around to get her and the car cleaned up. I ended up making it to Primary-we had good intentions though...I guess all the junk from the weekend caught up to her, poor girl.

If you're still reading I'd just like to say A HUGE thanks to my mom and dad who planned the whole thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We had so much fun!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha. The picture of Molly and the sucker just made me laugh. And we have great taste, Annabelle has all but one of the outfits Molly is sporting in those pictures.

I heart Midway and the Park City outlets. Ross drove up there for work every day last summer (his work has an office up there, don't worry we were reinbursed for gas) so we made the trek often...I don't think I have been there since labor day of last year when it was Swiss Days - now that is some fun shopping!

Sorry about Molly throwing up in the car. I hear ya on that one. Anna puked 2x last weekend in the car. If our next kid is like this I will be cleaning up puke all day long!

jax said...

You guys have the greatest pictures! What a cute little family you have! I love the one with the sucker in Molly's eye! I stole your blog address from Heidi. Here is ours:
http://bryanandlydia.blogspot.com

Looks like you guys are doing great! It's been a while since I have seen you guys! We miss you!