Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Girls Only!

A few weeks ago, Rachelle, Camille, me, and the kids headed up Cottonwood Canyon for a girls-only campout. (Andrew was part of this campout but kids under the age of 3 don't count.) Justin didn't think we could do it. He said he wanted to come and spy on us because he didn't think we could get the tents set up or the fire started. But we did and we had a great time! We even saw this famous Utahn at the bathrooms!

We left after naps one afternoon to Tanner's Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The mountains are so beautiful. After we set up camp, Rachelle and Camille got to work on starting the fire.Rachelle had already made tin-foil dinners. You have to have tin-foil dinners if you go camping-it's a must! They always taste so much better in the mountains. Thanks, Chelle!

We didn't have tons of firewood so the time spent around the campfire at night was limited.We all slept in the same tent and got some sleep. Molly and I shared an air mattress but it wasn't as comfy as I remember it being. Probably because I was the heaviest this time (usually it's Justin) so she kept rolling in to me. Shortly after she fell asleep she tried to roll away from me but couldn't because she kept falling back into me. She started yelling out, "Mommy, I stuck!" I would have laughed if I wasn't trying to be quiet for the rest of the campers.

In the morning we had a pancake and eggs breakfast made by yours truly. Molly was completely content playing in the dirt. Gotta love the look she's sportin': pink jammies tucked into her tennis shoes, jacket over the top, and crazy morning hair. You can't tell from this picture but she had a dirt ring around her mouth from the minute we got there to the time we left!After a little play-time, we packed up and headed home.It was so much fun although I don't remember camping ever being so much work!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I think that I could do it but I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much as you. I really enjoy Bryan setting up the tent, starting the fires and those kind of things. Your second picture makes it look like camping was no sweat, you all still look gorgeous.

Megan said...

Sooo I am super impressed with your mad camping skills. We are going to Bear Lake next week to camp Thursday - Saturday and I am terrified because last year Anna kind of struggled. She would scream if we even walked towards the tent and she can't sleep with Ross and I she would just poke us all night long I am sure. So any tips you have, PLEASE send them my way cause I am dreading next weekend, except for the eating part. I love all the food associated with it and I always seem to have too much :)

It looks like you guys faired well - Justin should be proud.

Missy said...

That would be fun. I'm sure Molly loved it.

The Mumfords said...

Wow! Very impressive. You are brave girls! I don't think I would have been able to do it. I get scared too easily. I'm glad you showed Justin what was up.

Cherie & Ray said...

Cute idea! You are good sports for thinking up this idea. Sounds like you had fun.