Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our 4th of July!

If you couldn't tell by my blog layout...I love the 4th of July! As silly as this sounds, I never seem to be able to sleep the night before because I get so excited for it. We always head down to Plain City for the 4th because I just can't imagine missing it-if I did I would be pretty sad.

The 4th gets kicked off at about 6:00 in the morning with the Fire Department riding all over town with their sirens on. When my dad was the mayor it was the worst-I think they stopped in front of our house for at least 5 minutes yelling in the megaphone, "Mayor Moyes, Happy 4th of July!" or something like that. The sirens weren't too loud this year and Molly slept right through them. I was up waiting for them...

We first headed to the parade. Mom and Dad decorated the golf cart and rode in the parade with 4 of their 5 grandkids. Mom bought matching outfits for them-they looked so cute!Then the morning was spent at the park. Molly went down this BIG blow-up slide. Her expression is priceless!Grandma and Grandpa took her around to play all the gamesbut her favorite was squirting Grandpa with the water gun that she picked for a prize.After her nap, we all went swimmingand Erin pulled out Chloe's slip-n-slide. Molly was so careful walking on itbut Grandpa showed them how it was done!

For dinner we had a barbeque-yum, yum. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Justin had to work the next day so we didn't stay for the fireworks but we were able to catch some at Pleasant Grove later that night. Happy Birthday America!

4 comments:

Erin said...

We had so much fun on the 4th with you guys. I love the movie of dad.

Alesa said...

That looks like so much fun! My Grandpa loved America and the 4th and stuff. Thanks for commmenting on that post. It really meant alot to me. You'll never know!
Thanks for being such a good friend.

Megan said...

I also love the 4th a lot...maybe not as much as you because I can sleep the night before :) It looks like you guys had a fun day. The girls look so cute in their matching outfits - I think that is another reason I love the 4th - the festive clothes are always adorable. And your dad going down that slip n slide is hilarious...very impressive.

Thanks for having us over again today. It was fun to hang out and Anna had a blast playing with all of Molly's toys and breaking her side walk chalk ;)

Missy said...

The 4th was a fun one. I love that your dad loves to get down and play with the kids. My dad would have done the same, got to love them for that.