Friday, September 12, 2008

Homemade Bread is sooooo good!

After my mom and dad surprised me with this, I was ready to make bread! I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I'd never made homemade bread before and had only seen others make it--at Relief Society and Young Women's! I have a bread maker which makes very yummy bread but I really wanted to learn how to make real homemade bread. Who better to show me the ins and outs of bread-making than Heidi, who informed me hasn't bought a loaf of bread since April or May. Go Heidi! It was pretty easy, especially with Heidi's recipe-it only takes 25 minutes to rise and 25 minutes to bake. So in just over an hour, we had these:And yes, we ate almost half a loaf while it was still warm. And let me tell you, they were soooooo good! Especially with that butter I spread on the top as soon as they came out of the oven. So...thanks Heidi!(This picture was taken by 4-year-old Tiana which explains why we look so tall!)

With just a little more practice so I know exactly what the consistency is supposed to be, I should be able to start adding wheat flour to it. The possibilities are endless!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Mmmm homemade bread is bomb diggity and yes, I am still coveting your mixer. Maybe then my cinnamon roll fiasco wouldn't have happened....maybe ;) Your bread looks delicous - I am quite impressed. I am also impressed with the four year old picture taking skills - you may be tall, but she didn't cut yours heads out of the picture.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Wow, way to go, I have only done it in the bread maker. It looks yummy. Do I have your email? I am going private for good so send it over if not and I will send an invite!

rupee40 said...

Yummy...way to go. I want that recipe. Hope Molly had a great birthday!! Send me a pic of the apron!

Erin said...

You go girl!!! Making bread is fun. I still need to find a recipe that we love. I will have to get yours. Happy birhtday Molly, we love you. Chloe keeps telling me how fun she had a Molly's party.

The Childs said...

Very impressive. My two times attempting that ended with a very flat piece of something. I need that recipe. I ran into your sister at the library. Whenever you are up here, let me know. We will get together.