Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One year older and wiser too!

Wow! Where has the time gone!! I can't believe that Molly is 2!!! We had a birthday party on Sunday (the day before her birthday) at Justin's parents house. (Thanks Gene and April!) It was a nice day so we decided to take advantage of it and have a barbecue outside.After dinner, the kids played until it was time for cake and ice cream. They were pretending that this bench was the boat and that there was water (or fire?) surrounding them. They weren't too happy about pausing for a picture...Then we had cake and ice cream. I made Molly a cupcake cake-it's supposed to look like an ice cream cone, if you couldn't tell. It was pretty easy to serve-as soon as we finished singing "Happy Birthday" the kids dove right in. All they had to do was grab a cupcake-no cutting involved!

I also made these cupcake pops.It was my first attempt so they don't look nearly as good as these I found on the Internet. But they tasted good, or so I hear, I haven't had one yet!

Justin's mom also made homemade peach ice cream...YUM!

After the cake was polished off we moved on to opening presents. Molly had a lot of help from her cousins, but she didn't mind!

She was spoiled, as usual.After she opened her presents, she played with a few that were already out of the box while the grown-ups attempted to clean up.And we ended the night with jumping on Grandma's bed!

5 comments:

Alesa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY! Great job on the pops Megan! You are a diva!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Molly! I hope you had a good one. Good job on all the goodies they looked yummy!

Megan said...

I was just thinking about her birthday the other day - wondering when it was this month..Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys had quite the party and the refreshments look awesome - the most important part ;) I wish I were eating the homemade ice cream right now..at 9:30AM! haha. And don't ya just love Bakerella? I think your pops turned out awesome.

P.S. Where did you get that bike? Ross and I are thinking about getting one for Anna for her birthday as well.

Erin M said...

Looks like she had a great birthday. Sorry we missed it the dessert was great. My kids loved it. Ben had to lick his the whole time, it took a while. Anyway looks like she had a great day.

rupee40 said...

Happy Birthday, Molly! The cake and cupcake pops looks delish!